The Virus TI2 desktop made me sell all my synths

Man, I’m sitting here right now listening to Peak demos. I cannot lie, I still want all the synths :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

…resistance is futile

1 Like

Sooo perfec! So there really did build it? I thought it was cgi/rendering… I’m so jealous… Deadmau5 has such a awesome homestudio, waslls of modular and lot of custom build gadget!

I sold that awhile back to try the SE-02, and I sold the SE-02 to try the Dominion Club and AS-1. I still think the Monologue is a great synth. I actually think about picking another one up at times because I just want a little midi keyboard, and I thought it had a great footprint while being a gnarly acidic analog synth.

1 Like

Haha no but if it does ever get built deadmau5 will have his grubby mits on it first no doubt

2 Likes

I’ve had my Virus C for like 12 years and I’m still learning new shit. Haha.

Prints is such a casual gear lover that I take these kind of ”we’re getting married” posts with a grain of salt. I doubt it will last… However, if you’re happy now then that has to be good! have fun man

4 Likes

This. I am waiting two months from now for his post on the virus. If he sticks with it then we know we have a winner. No disrespect to prints of course because he’s looking for his workhorse setup. He’s just going through the iterations faster than an average person would.

1 Like

Does anyone know what happened with Access ? Why did they stop developping the Virus TI ??

1 Like

Their attitude appears to be - it’s a finished product.

They do continue to release drivers for new OSes though, which I’m very grateful for.

4 Likes

The Motorola DSP chips have hit the end of their product lifecycle. I’m sure that has much to do with it.

Mothers, hide your synth-daughters. I’m a notorious heart-breaker. I’m known for using them, and then leaving them.

11 Likes

Access Music is doing well as is the Virus TI2. Christoph Kemper the mastermind behind the Virus and the Kemper Profiling Amplifier just wanted to try something totally different. So he develop and build the Kemper AMP aka the uber amp modeller. The Kemper AMP was / is as revolutionary as was / is the Virus when it was released. If you do not know what iam talking about go and check the Kemper AMP page . There was also an old ( german mag. ) interview with Christoph, about the Virus / Kemper AMP and its future development.

„Total Integration was a very complicated project that took years of development time. The technology is one of the most demanding things we have done in the company. We have a little understanding that larger companies did not take part.“
Chritoph Kemper about TI, so a bit more sympathy with Elektron about OB :kissing_heart:

„So no, between the series there is no difference. The oscillators and filters between the first virus and today’s TI2 series are identical. The code is identical. For the virus TI, however, we have added new oscillator models.“

Christoph Kemper to the infamous question „in forums one reads again and again that there would be phonetic differences between oscillators and filters between the individual series. Is that correct?“

http://www.virus.info/aboutus
https://www.kemper-amps.com

2 Likes

There is no real competitor to the virus Ti2 anyway… and the days of full (16 parts) multtimbral synths seem to be gone, just like the days of the standalone rack sampler.

2 Likes

The Roland FA synths are 16 part multitimbral. I have an FA06 and a Virus Snow and love the sound of both of them.
Wish Roland made an editor for the FA. They did editors for the likes of the XV2020 and Sonic Cell but not the FA, which is a much more powerful beast!

1 Like

For people new to the TI, Access did a series of tutorial videos called Bootcamp, which are still available on their website.

2 Likes

I had my mind set on just pairing my TI2 with a Digitakt, but all of sudden the idea of pairing it with a Roland Integra 7, and controlling it all with a Squarp Pyramid is blowing my mind.

If you have the space, for less money the FA06 has pretty much the same sound as the Integra, plus it has a sequencer and a basic sampler.

3 Likes

hmm… let me do some research, and see what the sequencer has to offer

Yes, a TI2 desktop controlled by the Roland FA-06 would make a fine pair indeed!