The Virus TI2 desktop made me sell all my synths

They are just joking around. Nothing serious. Mr.Kemper introduced his two developer. The one with glasses denied working on a TI3 and says he cant Tell. Mr. Kemper confirmed that their Kemper Amp sells really well.

I paraphrase(!) and translate:
Interviewer to Kemper :“you still have the balls to show up?!“. (XD).
Kemper „Yeah sure, I do“.
Interviewer“Everyone is waiting for something new.“
Kemper: „Yes we can’t do everything at the same time…unfortunately “

They talk about the Valkyrie.

Kemper Said: „We are still intressted in Keyboards and Synthesizer. That’s why we here“

Kemper introduced two guys of the team.

One of the guys is a programmer.
Interviewer: „What do you work on?“
Programmer:“We programming on sounds and „toys“…toy for kids too.“ (Toys probably music toys = Synthesizer?!)
Interviewer: „and the TI3, when will it be done?“.
Programmer: (looks to Ed Kemper with this look that says „Wtf, why do they know about it Ed?!)
„i can‘t tell you this of course. Who told you about it?“
Camera move to Kemper.
For a second you see Kemper looking very serious to the programmer.

Kemper:“ we wouldn’t call it ti3 anyway. We would probably call it. Just the T3 because people already say T1“.

For me this whole thing is really suspicious.
The T2 will be ten year old next year.The first Virus is already 20 years on the market.

I just thought about doing a feature request list and send it to Accsess.

3 Likes

I have the Virus Ti2 too, and it really is the best virtual analog synthesizer ever made! It really is the Swiss Army Knife of synths. The stuff it can do is unbelievable. If I had the money, I’d buy like 3 more, so I could have 4 of them all set up for live jamming. Of course, for studio work, one is more than enough with its 16 parts. :slight_smile:

And remember, Virus TI had “Overbridge” waaaay before it was cool. (And still rocking it!) :smile:

1 Like

Yes but there is one thing that I REALLY miss on the Virus. Import of custom wavetables. But it’s true, the Virus is a true workhorse with a awesome amount of features and additional effects!

I have had my TI polar 10 years this August. In that time I have probably bought and sold 6 other synths. I have an ob6 now and feel satisfied to have what I consider to be the best VA and best analogue synths to date.
Imagine a T3 based on FPGA technology using audio rates of 96KHz like the Intellijel stuff, now that would be sic ;-))

2 Likes

After those ten years, do think you reached the limit, in terms of, what can be done with this synthesizer ? I bought my virus last year ago and i’m alway amazed of sounds i‘m able to create with this beautiful synthesizer. The combinations of effects and modulation is insane!
But i would still appreciate if Accsess creates a successor with a bigger display, that can visuallize modulation, waveforms. LFOs into audio range, Filter FM, complex and loopable envelops. Real granular with audio samples. Samples would also allow some kind of LA synthesis like the Roland D-50. More fm options. USB3. But most important: Wavteable import, and longer wavetables with a super smooth interpolation.

Buzz for “Virus President”!

1 Like

The succesor is called Waldorf Quantum and DSI Prophet X…

Don’t make me laugh. The Waldorf Quantum might be an alright synth, maybe, but the Prophet X is just a sample player. Like Kontakt.

1 Like

Erm…looking at the specs…nope. Wavetables are nothing else than single cycle Samples.

I am waiting to see if Access comes out with a Virus TI3. But to me the Tasty Chips granular synth looks promising.

Don’t bother
If it was going to happen it would have years ago
More money in guitar amps obviously

2 Likes

sad but I think you are right- well maybe I will find a used Virus C in the future. My hands are full learning the new Elektron boxes and 0-coast.

You might be right. I hope you’re not. But you might be.

no way have I reach its potential, the more I learn about synthesis the more I learn what the Virus can do.

1 Like

plus it is orange and modular!

If you havent seen the Valkyrie yet do yourself a favor and check it out. Its the closest thing I can find to a TI3 successor.

Valkyrie wasn’t on display at superbooth?

It was at Messe:

1 Like

Yeah saw that one.
Was interested if any more details revealed at superbooth