The Utimate Octatrack Silence Calling

On the factory CF cards the default Set is named “Presets”.

Yeah, I thought that might be the source of his confusion. I blanked my CF card on day one, so I wasn’t sure. Is there also a project named “demo”?

There is.

1 Like

Okay, you’ve just blown my mind. I’ve never turned it on without a card.

1 Like

Happened to my new Octatrack repeatedly, turned out I had a faulty CF card. Put in a support ticket with Elektron if it continues, they’ll help you out. Also be careful to eject in USB mode on your computer, then unplug USB.

When using OT as FX-box or looper or… with a THRU track:

1. Forgot to press PLAY after initial start.
  2. Forgot to press PLAY after double pressed STOP.
1 Like

As @melisshki mentioned, there have been issues with cards (The first batch of „Octacard“ branded cf cards for example, IIRC).

1 Like

Hello. As I clearly stated in bold – That’s what I think caused the change to those settings. I definitely did not change them myself, but I could be wrong about exactly what happened. Thanks.

1 Like

Many thanks for the advice. I’ll try again and see what happens. Hopefully just novice user error!

Cheers Schnork. I’ll look into it. I did get it pretty heavily discounted. Maybe it was old stock.

1 Like

No monitoring on Pickups :
After a Part change, Pickups settings aren’t updated (lack of trigs).

(IIRC using a Part with a different number can solve it, will check later)

Would you be willing to change the name of this topic to something more straight forward? Ex. “Octatrack not making sound”.

After a seven month break I returned to my Octatrack, was having issues, and knew this thread would help. It took me a week to find this thread after searching many phrasing variations. It’s a super helpful collection of advice, and it’d be great if it was more easily found via search.

3 Likes

How many days since a Thru track didn’t have a trigger: 0

3 Likes

cool thread

Thread needs pinning ! I face this also several times, after some month, when i pull him out again.

1 Like

I said I’d list all reported points, but I’m busy, tired, lazy…
Next year I hope to find more energy for that, and find a new name for the thread !

No sound, no people…

1 Like

When you search why there is no sound just to figure out you listened for days with headphones and simply forgot to turn on the monitors in studio again. Embarrassing, i need better monitors. Lol

It is like searching your mobile phone while calling someone telling you’r searching your phone.

1 Like
1 Like

One that’s been getting me lately is repeatedly forgetting to select the required midi track when using an external keyboard.

And forgetting to add a trig to the thru track.

It might help people find it in search if it is named “Ultimate” instead of “Utimate” (sic) :slightly_smiling_face: