The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

First of all, Welcome to the best Community on the Web.

The advantage of ST over M:C is Overbridge. Of course, if you produce exclusively on HW, this is irrelevant.

1 Like

Thanks and Hello!

I prefer my sounds to be finished in the box ready to be played live or to be recorded and mixed. Synths like DFAM or Bass Station II donā€™t need any processing (distortion or else) to sound huge. Almost all current synths/grooveboxes/ā€¦ are disappointing to me, they all have some sort of ā€œDriveā€, but for my taste it does almost nothing :stuck_out_tongue:

As a counter example, Novationā€™s Circuit Tracks/Rhythm have great sounding and gripping distortion built in. However, I believe Syntakt can sound huge as well ā€¦ and thatā€™s why I ordered it :wink:
Still: NEEDZ MORE DISTORTION

4 Likes

:100:

Same camp as you, my rhythm and db-01 have great distortion.

PLEASE, THE SYNTAKT NEEDS A DISGUSTING HORRIBLE DIGITAL DISTORTION.

3 Likes

Cant wait to see what an update could bring to Syntakt. The Elektron updates are always pretty mind blowing. Additional machines that canā€™t be found on Cycles would be really cool. The potential for adding new digital machines in updates is so exciting with this ā€œmachines basedā€ device.

3 Likes

Amazing product and design. Loving everything about it.

Hereā€™s what I believe would make the Syntakt even more exquisite:

1. Master Compressor
  2. Portamento trigger
  3. Digital Synth machine with polyphony
  4. Arpeggiator trigger
12 Likes

Oh didnā€™t catch this in the manual. Thank you

Has anyone requested to have FX + REC copy the FX track parameters and routings? Or am i missing an easy way to copy the whole FX page to another pattern?

I also wish you were able to get to the mutes by holding FUNC while on the FX page.

This would be a good freind to your Syntakt :blush:

5 Likes

+1 for SOLO mode!

First I thought I would have overlooked that in the manual, but as I read here, it is actually missing.
This would enhance my workflow quite a bit.

8 Likes

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

This is awesome.

4 Likes

I agree - I want that page with the lonely drive knob to fill up with a glorious mix of analog and digital distortion algorithms.

7 Likes

yumyum

2 Likes

That would be v cool

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t complain about that, but some eq options, even some simple low/mid/high knobs, would be a very useful addition.

Now that Iā€™ve had some wicked fun times with the ST, hereā€™s what we need (some of these are repeats from my earlier list to keep them all together).

1. 2 assignable envelopes along with the LFOs
  2. Chorus FX
  3. Polyphonic tracks
  4. MIDI tracks not taking up audio tracks
  5. A 2nd SYN page with more tweakability for deeper synthesis parameters
  6. Portamento
  7. Arpeggiator
  8. Those 4 modifiers are bloody useless. They need to be able to add p-locks to already programmed sequences. I can barely play a simple melody let alone trying to play a melody and timing my modifier presses at the same time!
  9. Another digital kick and hihat. Also a normal digital noise generator and maybe even an impulse machine
  10. Global mixer settings
  11. Parameter slides!
  12. Maybe a nice 3 osc simple VA with variable waveforms and detune for each one

Iā€™m sure there will be more, but so far, so good. I really wish it had 2 pairs of stereo outs so the ā€œinstrumentsā€ could be routed separately from all ā€œpercussionā€

14 Likes

A VA machine would be really cool to have, makes more sense than a wavetable machine as thats covered by Digitakt.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like it to have wavetables, too!

3 Likes

Karplus (or similar) Resonator (would be awesome in one form or another ā€¦ as Digital Synth or Effect ā€¦ to make drums even more awesome

8 Likes

If the delay time resolution were a bit finer you could do this with p locks in the effects track.

1 Like