The Sticker Conspiracy

Do you think they added stickers so that everyone would plaster them on the device, bringing down second hand value. Making less people buy second hand. Making more people buy new devices :smiley:

3 Likes

No

8 Likes

#Synthspiracies

2 Likes

Just peel and them off before selling

3 Likes

Maybe they realized the unit was on the more ugly side, so throw in a sheet of stickers to hide itā€™s ugg mug. Just my crappy opinion though.

2 Likes

But then youā€™d have to lower your price anyway because you donā€™t have the mint sheet of stickers included :joy:

4 Likes

Yes! :rofl:

1 Like

I like to think it was a deal breaker during contract renewal negotiations with Cenk. :sweat_smile:

Glad he got his way.

8 Likes

some good Tuesday Lulz - thanks for this! :laughing:

This is how flat Earthers started.

9 Likes

It defo means you canā€™t send it back :wink:

if you stick then on in a specific order you get soundlocks.

5 Likes

Iā€™m just really upset there arenā€™t enough letters or punctuation to stick on saying
ā€˜Iā€™m a model, you know what I mean?ā€™

Then again I could use one of them accent stickers :thinking::face_with_monocle::nerd_face:
and shake my little tush on the catwalkā€¦

3 Likes

I think it was to keep cost down and to spice up the bland look a bit. Plus it pays homage to MPC and SP community. I dig it, but would probably prefer my own stickers

The thought briefly crossed my mind to be honest! Though I doubt it was actually a design factor.

I donā€™t want to be over critical, because Iā€™m grateful for the power and potential of Elektron devices, but I do find myself thinking itā€™s a shame they donā€™t have a more inspiring aesthetic. Itā€™s totally subjective, obviously. Iā€™m mainly thinking of the flagship MK2 family + Model:Samplesā€¦ The Digi duo have gone in a lessā€¦obsolete Soviet hospital apparatus direction :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That sounds amazingā€¦

4 Likes

Obsolete Soviet Hospital Apparatus. This is a band name I can get behind.

7 Likes

Probably reserved for a Thom Yorke modular side project

1 Like

Speaking of which, I may be taking too much pleasure in the possibly incorrect assumption that the thread title is a reference to The Fallā€™s ā€œKicker Conspiracyā€.

5 Likes

Just grabbed the bandcamp :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes