The Renoise Thread

Haha. Rad. Reminds me of ya kid k from the 90’s :heart:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s dated…just like me,

3 Likes

anyone use this piano roll?

1 Like

Bought Renoise maybe a year ago, spent a day with it and never opened it again. I felt so defeated and dumb! Last week, with great fear, my new M8 arrived. Watched a couple tutorials and was off to the races. I still don’t understand many things about it, but I am able to make music that is a bit different from anything I’ve ever done, so I’ll keep trying to learn it.
Really need to crack open Renoise again to see if I can get better at it!

came across these more recent tutorial series.

3 Likes

Yeah that guy rules!

3 Likes

Yep i like this guys videos. Learnt a lot from them and im using renoise much more than my hardware stuff

Renoise changed my life, I write more music because of it. I even bought Renoise t-shirts to help support Renoise in any way I can lol

Once you get the hang of it, it’s the fastest way to work, and suddenly it feels debilitating to go to a non-tracker environment.

It also syncs flawlessly with any hardware I have and is the best midi sequencer I’ve ever used. There are times I still want a traditional DAW to track takes or multi-track, but more and more, I find myself entirely in Renoise.

Edit: I also love that Renoise promotes song structure (pattern based workflow). And it feels like it turns my laptop into a cool piece of hardware. The ultimate GAS killer.

9 Likes

Yeah, going back to a piano roll was painful. I’m a bit more accustomed to it now, and often use a hybrid setup with Redux running in Reaper. Best of both worlds imo!

2 Likes

I was considering renoise and then I saw redux. I’m happy using ableton but wanted a tracker experience after selling my polyend.

I think redux might be the better choice

1 Like

So ive started custom mapping the numpad keys and its been a game changer. I never used the numpad to select instruments as it got confusing. I just use the + and - to move up and down.

Ever since getting Renoise esrlier this year, ive stopped using my mpc and digitakt and other hardware gear. For now ill keep them but i might consider selling if i find myself not using them much

You can always sequence the Digitakt from Renoise and have the audio from each Digitakt track (via Overbridge) goto any renoise track you want for further effects processing.

Things you make you can then easily resample into perfect loops of the patterns length.

2 Likes

I have the same feeling. Whenever I feel like making some beats, I think about turning on all the hardware and think about the sounds and setting things up. When I can just open the laptop and start Renoise, load my favorite template and boom I am in business.
I still love my hardware, but have been re-thinking my whole setup the past few weeks.

Wouldn’t this be a bit pointless considering the sampling engine in Renoise is far superior?

1 Like

I love the sampler in renoise, easy to slice and slices are auto assigned to the qwerty. Pitching up and down is easy etc…

In saying that hardware samplers are great fun when stepping away from software

Absolutely. But controlling Digitakt from Renoise seems a bit redundant imo!

1 Like

Possibly for the Digitakt, I do this often with my Syntakt though, and as I said, I like to resample into the Renoise sampler.

And there is control-all and param page randomization on the Elektron boxes.

One thing I love about Renoise is the compatibility with 32bit vst.

I cannot stress enough how great these emulations of classic analog synths are from this developer who went under and subsequently made all his work free. I believe they are of the same caliber as the Arturia collection in terms of sound.

I’m talking about Elektrostudio, try them out if you haven’t. I need to sample the hell out of them before they’re gone or stop working in my os. They also include stand-alone versions which is pretty cool.

5 Likes

These sound great! And the auto-sampler in Renoise will make quick work of sampling them into xrni’s :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where can i find the auto sampler? Is it a tool i need to download?