The Prodigy's Keith Flint dies aged 49

While I never had a chance to see them live, (The) Prodigy were one of those groups that were very influential on me in my formative years - definitely a major reason why I got into electronic music, and still am today. Such sad news when you hear about suicide. Goes to show you never really know what’s going on under the surface. Be kind to everyone.

2 Likes

Sad day…RIP Keith. What a bundle of energy. No need to say that Prodigy & Keith were a big inspiration for several (jilted) generations.

1 Like

An absolute legend of electronic dance music. When they started I remember the prodigy played at my local club Shelley’s, then saw them in 96 at the Apollo Manchester when firestarter came out. Brilliant front man, what a waste , heartbreaking

2 Likes

I used go see em every new years eve in dublin, circa the 90s. keith bouncin round the crowd in that giant ball. unreal.
their early stuff had a huge impact on me.
rip bro.

3 Likes

no good

: /

3 Likes

Prodigy was one of the many techno / electronic artists I listened to when growing up. I even rocked a Fat of the Land shirt back in middle school. Great work by them. RIP Keith Flint.

1 Like

Groundbreaking band, original frontman. Very sad

1 Like

I can’t recall how many times I’ve read computer music and future music magazine tutorials on “how to sound like The Prodigy”

3 Likes

RIP

3 Likes

Very sad news.

Death of the prodigy dancer. sad times.

3 Likes

Is that the same shelleys of altern8 rave in the car park fame? I wish I was there!

2 Likes

That’s the one. Back of a lorry rave in the car park, filmed for the video.

1 Like

Anyone know why?

Apart from suicide I haven’t seen any other details.
He’s had issues with things in the past.

1 Like

Do you know what issues? Sorry I’m totally unaware.

You can Google. Let’s not turn this into armchair psychology.

5 Likes

Why not? Maybe some good could come from it! No?

1 Like

It sure is, longton, stoke on Trent, about 1/2 mile from where I lived. Was one of the first major rave clubs, prodigy played there in 91 when they just started. Sasha and Carl Cox virtually started their careers there. Jon Aldersea filmed the altern8 video on the car park and in 97 he was putting on acts at a new venue. Me and my mate did a gig there and Jon did the sound for us. For a short period longton was the centre of rave but then the police got the club closed down.

4 Likes