The output is in mono...Am I doing something wrong?

Hi! Got my Digitakt yesterday and I’m using firmware 1.04. The panning doesn’t seem to work. Panning tracks hard left or hard right makes no difference. The ping pong delay is in mono as well. Am I missing something or do I have a faulty unit? I’ve tried the headphone output as well as the main outputs. Everything is still in mono.

Hi MikkoR, can’t confirm, panning works for me on 1.04. I once accidentally had mono monitoring turned on in my audio interface which led to the same problem but that can’t happen when you use headphones in the headphone output.

Mine works perfect on firm 1.04.
Check your mixer or audio interface config to see if you are monitoring in Mono.

Still can’t figure this out. The headphone output gives me mono so it’s not an audio interface issue. I’ve tried it with two sets of headphones, there is no panning happening whatsover, only barely audible digital distortion (when turning the pan knob).

Don’t have a Digitakt myself, but sounds pretty ominous, unless there is some global Mono/Stereo setting. Have you logged a ticket with support?

2 Likes

Yes, I created a support ticket. No reply yet, but they did warn about longer waiting times during July and August.

1 Like

This is obviously an issue of your interface setup or a cable problem.

Have a look at your interface (software-)mixer, then on the cables.

If you like post some pictures of your setup so we could have a closer look.

Considering the OP has tried two sets of headphones with the stereo headphone output, I don’t think it is so “obvious”.

4 Likes

ok, ok, it’s obviously a hidden problem :slight_smile:

Unless he’s got the only availabe mono-DT there are only three remaining sources of this issue:

1. the headphones itself or its adaptors

2. unintended bridging on the way between DT and Interface due to wrong cables

3. a setup error on the interface

If he tested 1 with 2+3 still remaining plugged, or even 1 alone (until not tested at a reliable stereo source) the problem will remain.

Turns out that I had a faulty unit. Returned the first one, got a new one today. My new Digitakt works fine!

7 Likes

Yay. Glad it worked out.

3 Likes

Enjoy it - always a pain when these things go wrong early on (my first RYTM was faulty), but hopefully that’s your bad luck out of the way.

2 Likes

crazy, since I stated

the last thing I had expected from a brand new device…

I’m glad that it works for you! :slight_smile:

…and thank you for your feedback!

1 Like

well, it seemed obvious to the rest of us that this was a possibility

ouch