The Octo Orch Challenge

No way, I’m french! :smile:
@sabana, any rule? Like the date of creation of the piece.

1 Like

How about calling it the The Octo Orch Challenge! Hehe.

Never done one before Sezare. Just anytime in the holidays perhaps?

Edit. O ne rule. It must be orchestral instruments only.

1 Like

Timpani breaks, that under appreciated sub genre of dnb. :smile:

5 Likes

Resuming (and some new) rules for the ‘Octo Orch Challenge’:

• Samples from orchestral instruments only
  • Genre: Timpani breaks :wink:
  • 100% Octatrack
  • Must be finished this year?
1 Like

Hmm…’this year’ is just over a week. That’s a shame. Too much going on between gigs and holidays. Would’ve loved to be part of this one but look forward to hearing submissions!

2 Likes

Its a proposal: Lets skip the rule to finish this year.

2 Likes

ok good for me.
May in the begining of the year 2019
With symphonic instruments…

Yes I’m cool extending it a few weeks. Lets say till mid-late January.

3 Likes

can you make it any sampler? I want to do this but dont currently own an OT

2 Likes

I’m following the cool rules of OP @sabana!
Have to finish this one before, tomorrow, dead end!

2 Likes

Why?

2 Likes

Well thats different!

the rent is too damn high!

1 Like

7 Likes

Nice catch Mike. I think thats a really gre at hybrid sound between classical and contemporary from the OT only. I’m surprised theres so little of this music flying around.

1 Like

I need to get back to doing the live sampling/audio mangling thing with a string instrument as the audio source. I’m sure everyone is sick of the same ol’ viola + Octatrack crap that I’ve posted before gere, and now the pickup on the viola doesn’t even work anymore.

Hope to get to doing something in 2019 featuring my electric violin.

2 Likes

Would you consider letting us use another sequencer with the OT, even though you specify 100% OT? I have a sequence for a classical piece that I’d like to use with the orchestral instruments. From what I read in the manual, the only way to record chromatically is to live record. I don’t have that kind of skill. I’d like to use my Kawai Q80 to handle the sequencing duties, if that’s okay. If not, I’ll stick with the original plan. :relieved:

1 Like

No, you can plock everything without live record. You can enter chords with external midi if you hold a trig (auto channel, IIRC).

Make a OctaConta Orch challenge! :slight_smile:

One thing at a time, my friend, one thing at a time! :smiley:

2 Likes

I see a challenge as a way to explore my gear in a way i didn’t think of myself. So feel free to make it you’re own challenge (the OctaConta Orch challenge as @sezare56 named it :wink:

1 Like