The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

I hadn’t seen your post when I posted the below in another thread, but we are on the same page.

I think it should just be called the Virus E (for Elektron). :grinning:

2 Likes

that would be insane if you could freely route any track to any channel. would love that. maybe even allow us to use the effects internal to each elektron device as a global send/return? each device seems like it has the routing to allow that, if the voices are being removed from the signal path before the effects, like it functions now over usb and when connecting into an individual voice out.

Ok, so it’s about to drop, right?

Nah, Elektron is on Vacation.

1 Like

February, I reckon

True Cuckoo has a video dropping tomorrow. it looks like a product release video. Could be a new Electron box!!!

That’s for the Osmose most likely.

1 Like

I thought he saved that fancy gold cloth for unannounced things. I guess we’ll see!

Definitely. SonicState also posted a live video slot for this evening titled The Big Osmose Video.

1 Like

Anyone underwhelmed by the osmose? I’m glad it’s been completed and getting delivered to Kickstarter backers. Some of us backing other synth projects haven’t been so lucky and lost thousands on vaporware. Why do all the keys on the osmose have the extra fingernails exposed, couldn’t the chassis hide them? Maybe I missed something, how is this any different than poly after touch?

Elektron usually has great UI design, I’m looking forward to their next offering along with OS updates for my RYTM :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The keys go sideways, not just up and down, and the aftertouch mechanics are somewhat more complex. Also, the synth engine is built for doing useful, expressive things with all of this.

1 Like

I add that the amplitude of the aftertouch seems to be 1 meter.

So would a new Digitone Keys with a poly-aftertouch Fatar keybed be different enough to count ?

1 Like

Elektron VJ tool lol

1 Like

An additive synth in digi form would be amazing, where the entire box is built around a sine-bank, and all of the osc settings and effects are actually just manipulating the partials, rather than effecting audio.

I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I’m saying it again just to put it out there in the hopes that one day, maybe it happens.

And of course, once again, a new monomachine with more modern synth models would be incredible.

A backup blister that can also power an elektron.

Do we have a power handle for the model cycles yet?

That’s Digitone, but less musical. Tough sell.

2 Likes

Pong mode?