Electribe 2

So can you turn those lights off then? :joy:

1 Like

Sh*t, now I want one.

If you enable power save mode the lights go off. (also dims the LCD)

1 Like

Sounds pretty damn good.

I usually just put away an instrument for awhile, in a closet or so, if I’m not sure about it. If I tend to forget about it, I sell it. Think I’ll try this with the Tempest.

Currently, in the closet, a spankin’ new Sub 37, a Volca Bass and a Volca Keys. Might seem insane to put the Sub away, but even though it sounds beyond awesome, plays great and is an amazing instrument, I’m a groove box guy when it comes to composing. I like my sequencers and patterns to get something done.

So yes, the Electribe I’m looking forward to, thanks for taking the time to make this demo and for your reply.

Same here lol…
How does it work the sync? I saw it doesn’t have midi sync right?

Seriously…
The demos i have heard so far sound like… Not so good. This was the first one that i think had some character.
The other demos from Korg and the horrible music that dude who showed us the electribe for the first time really sucks.
The machine is probably a good machine for broad spectrum of music. But when it comes down to business i would never sell Tempest or Rytm. Those are pro machines.
Dont get me wrong. I think the electribes are beautiful. But the demos so far have not convinced me about its greatness.
I really do like the specs of the machine though.
Midiseq out is a good thong. I guess you can motion seq midi out to?

Having owned a tempest in the past (sold it to fund an analog 4) and now being a freshly minted owner of the new electribe Id say the Tempest has more depth and more vintage feel, the electribe is quicker to use has a more modern sound and is quite simply more fun in use.

Frankly I’m very glad I bought it and I’m also on the waiting list for the sampler model when it gets released.

I have a saying "people are pros not machines. If you’re keeping a machine you dont get much use out of because “its used by pros” I kind of think thats a form of self delusion. If I don’t love something after some time I always sell it like I did with my Tempest, octatrack and various other gear over the years.

2 Likes

not sure I could ever put the sub37 away, I have it there to sonically accompany things, even if the composition is taking place elsewhere…I will admit I don’t use the built in sequencer much (I sequence it from other devices)

A lot of people are comparing it to the Tempest here, but sonically it strikes me having more in common with the Monomachine. Natrixgli, I know you owned a Mono at one point, so I’m curious to hear how you think it compares with that machine.

I’d like to know how the new Electribe compares to Korg Gadget from someone who owns both. I’d think Korg Gadget might be more capable and sound better. I have Korg Gadget, and was really excited about it at first; but now, I find myself never using it.

I have a saying "people are pros not machines. If you’re keeping a machine you dont get much use out of because “its used by pros” I kind of think thats a form of self delusion. If I don’t love something after some time I always sell it like I did with my Tempest, octatrack and various other gear over the years.[/quote]
I like your thinking dude.

I’m the same way. I grabbed it upon release, and while it’s great as a comprehensive app, I don’t really use it for actually making full tracks. It’s a little too easy to lay something out but too closed to simply incorporate parts into a piece with apps or gear outside of Gadget, so whenever I do fire it up I just end up making little bits for fun that never get recorded. It takes no time at all to put down a drum, bass, pad, but I never approach it for the purpose of making a full track.
The new Electribe seems a bit different to me tho. Maybe it’s because it’s hardware so it is more inspiring, but it seems loads more interesting for writing (which is funny, since I doubt Korg would have even considered it without the overwhelmingly positive response to Gadget). The EMX2 just seems better for jamming things out than Gadget with its pseudo-Ableton Live workflow. That said, I don’t have the Electribe, so I’m interested in how it is better or worse than the app myself.

Subq,

Right you are. The Sub37 is back in my rig now. Didn’t take long for me to miss it. There’s quite nothing that sounds like it, or as good as it for that matter.

I’ve been missing mine…had to send it in for repair :frowning:

hopefully, I will have it back in the next couple weeks though

for what it’s worth moog support is great (should you ever have to use it)…they covered shipping there and back and repair under warranty of course

I’ve been wondering can you play the samples parts polyphonically? I’ve been thinking about preordering one of the sampling Electribes but was waiting on this one detail. Knowing that this one has the same sample playback engine without the sampling capability is it possible? I really want a new simple hardware sampler.

Not much data is available on the sampler version yet. It is expected to debut at NAMM with more details and demos.

The version that is out now, has the sample engine, it just comes preloaded with factory waveforms, and they aren’t changeable. This much I was able to get out of Korg.

The sampler version looks very interesting. Could be the perfect companion to the Octa.

Yes you can play the samples polyphonically, I’m imagining that this will be the case with the sampler model also.