The naughty ordering and not keeping

I always do!!!

2 Likes

Good thread.
I wholly agree that it is an ethics issue. However not in terms of whether its unfair for the online retailers etc… clearly this business model is mutually beneficial (in a economic/consumeristic sense)
I think it is much more an ecological ethics issue. With most clothes for example, its cheaper for the retailers to just trash the returns than to clean them repackage and resell. Think about that, some shirt, manufactured somewhere far away, shipped across the world, stored, packed and hand delivered to you, to be tried on for 10 seconds before being sent back through the post to be tossed directly in the trash. Its disgusting.
Mind you, i dont think they would trash a returned octatrack, but e.g. a volca?? Not so sure…
So personally I agree with the original poster and some other here thats it is our individual moral responsibility to invest time deeply researching products before online purchase. Then if it doesnt work for you, fine return it.
But spontaneously ordering stuff on a whim without thinking deeply about it, just because you know you can return easily, is contributing to what i think is a really serious problem.

5 Likes

I think ordering ding dongs is supposed to be naughty :wink:

2 Likes

Only if you just ordering to try and send back…
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Baboom!

Golly, I ordered a few 80hp Behringer modules thinking it would be a cheap way to get my Eurorack case up and running again after selling almost all my synth gear a year ago. Now, well within my return period, I regret buying them and have already gone all out putting together a dream rig packed with MI and MN modules. I want to return those behringers, but don’t want to deal with shipping, restocking fees, and being that guy. Instead, I’ll eat it and try to make use of them. They do sound good, but they’re behringer. Yuck, lol.

1 Like

Thanks, no , i totally agree about the lady one, it is gift from the gods for buesnis, the release discussions on forums ! And the internet in general.

1 Like