The most fun 8hp (or smaller) eurorack module you can think of!

My 104hp case is almost full. I think I have everything I want, but still 8hp left. So I was looking for inspiration! Love to here your ideas!

Micro Ornament & Crime?

8 Likes

Some sort of VCA or attenuverter/CV mixer.

2 Likes

In my case (~400hp) that would be Bastl Pizza or Ikarie.

3 Likes

I can mix cv with the 2hp mix (and moddemix and maths)

1 Like

Ochd might be useful for a bunch of related LFOs to supplement the Krait. An analog clock divider (like Doepfer A-160-2) can give you some interesting patching options: don’t think of it terms of sending divided steady clocks, for eg. you could put your note gates into it so you can trigger certain things to happen every fifth note or w/e, or send oscillators into it to get gnarly square wave suboscillators out). A switch like Boss Bow Two can unlock lots of patching possibilities, for eg extending/switching between sequences, switching which modulation is going where or switching which sound source is routed to effects. FX Aid (either normal or XL) could give you a bunch more FX to supplement Mimeophon. Doepfer A-130-8 could give you 8 VCAs to use for modulating your modulation (doubles up as mixer as well but I think you’re covered for that).

Or something that definitely doesn’t sound ‘fun’ but that you’ll find insanely useful - some mults!

2 Likes

What the Shared System lacks is utility. Admittedly, MN does a great job with attenuation on the modules themselves, but only 2 channels of inversion is not enough.

Ideally Cold Mac or Mystic Circuits Ana would be great for that space. But since both are unobtanium, I’d go for a more straightforward utility module.

3 Likes

#1 has to be a uO_C running hemispheres

also pico drum, pico seq or antimatter audio brain seed

also mutable peaks micro clone with cv expander

2 Likes

These haven’t been made for a long time and are hard to find. At least last time I checked. I would absolutely love one.

1 Like

What do you use as a filter ?
I would probably add a filter in there.

1 Like

+1 for ochd
It seems ‘boring’ but having all those modulation sources in such a tiny package can be really useful.

You could also look up 2hp modules and get 4 of them haha
Kick snare hat and mixer? :stuck_out_tongue: 8hp drum machine

Also noticing - do you have any line level I/O?

2 Likes

Vactrols! :smile:

1 Like

Yes! Forgot to say I have a Shared System case, so with i/o and lots of mults in the middle

1 Like

You mean that optomix is the only filtering module that you have available ?

Yeah, crazy.

After Later Audio version of Ornament and Crime. Install the Hemisphere suite and you have TWO modules that contain a shit ton of functions. Will always come in handy.

4 Likes

Disting ex

= 4 independent MI Plaits and much much much more

3 Likes

2x Clep Diaz for cross-patching fun. Or just one plus a Doepfer A-151 sequential switch.

3 Likes

I’d opt for some archetypical modular additions: first of all a Doepfer Sequential Switch (A-151). And then a 4HP Doepfer quad lfo or Ochd, or the Doepfer Clock Divider A-160-2. (Never mind the last one, I overlooked the Tempi). Or some nice logic module like the Klavis Two Bits.

uO_C with Hemisphere is also a rational choice, considering function/cost.

2 Likes

Other question, looking at your rack: What do you use the 2HP mix for? Unless you use it for something that’s set and forget, I would probably feel that’s the weak spot in terms of user interface? Or it’s not a problem for you?

Otherwise you could look into a more enjoyable small mixer that’s a bit bigger. (Perhaps even a mixing VCA)

1 Like