The most beautiful synth

35 Likes

That entire range of Roland products was lovely. The SH09 was one of my first synths (I still have it). It was beautiful then, as it is today.

1 Like

I’d love to have a decent session with such kit. Do you have an example of such a sine wave sound please?

1 Like

Sort of related, I used to have a Philips touchscreen universal remote control that the Stargate show used as a prop. Kind of sucked the immersion away from the show. How am I supposed to believe in wormhole travel when I have their tech on my living room table?

I think that eurorack in Intellijel Performance cases is a sight to behold. But out of the box I’m gonna somehow be the first to mention Elektron - not sure which I’d pick as the no.1 but I think their boxes are dope to look at and very tactile, and don’t ape on any existing design language.

3 Likes

These two.

21 Likes

I actually meant to type “triangle” wave, but my lack of coffee tripped me up. The 901 sine wave is lovely, too, but the triangle has a weird imperfection due to the way it is formed. Offhand, I can’t think of any examples I could link to, but maybe once I’ve had my morning caffeine, I’ll record an example.

1 Like

28 Likes

The System 100 ticks all the boxes, turns all the knobs, and is just a beautiful piece of art

57 Likes

100m for me

21 Likes

Maschine or SP-16, so well made. Industrial beauty.

5 Likes

Totally agree. that’s exactly what a synthesizer is suposed to look like. The SH2 has more of those cool knobs so it has the edge over the -09

21 Likes

I don’t own one, but for me Machinedrum has always been the best looking. With that red screen and the big control wheel.

The other great looking one is the M8 Tracker, which I don’t own either - such a minimalist tech design, handy and with only a few buttons.

If both were more easily available I’d be ready to buy both for the looks alone.

3 Likes

34 Likes

33 Likes

Just beautiful.

17 Likes

Not the most beautiful one but pretty nice imo.

25 Likes

30 Likes

It’s impressive how much they improved things with that limited edition compared to its original design.
If only they had put the silver version into production. That might be it for me.

I want to see more instruments in an aluminum finish, soft grays, or warm white/cream tones.
They are so much more inviting to me than a boring black box - especially when it has those pressure-sensitive/mpe pads.

The Model: Cycles is another favorite of mine, and I miss the original A4/AR MkII color scheme.

I hope that one day we’ll get a Push 3 in a color scheme similar to the Vapor Gray Maschine+

21 Likes

Amazing you kept it. It’s got that cute size but a sci-fi look, those switches, lovely.

1 Like

It was the first synthesizer I really got into. A great instrument to learn on. It needs some attention - scratchy volume pot and screwy cutoff slider, but overall it still works well and still sounds great. Stays in tune.

1 Like