The improvised techno thread

here’s my last all-nighter

7 Likes

Nice! Had a similar setup In mind with my opz, would you Care to Share the miRack patch?

Man! More than 8 hours?? You’re a hero!

no, I’m on stimulants

9 Likes

Well done.

1 Like

I would, if only I could…

Uploading: NotFoundError…

Let me see what I can do about this, as soon as I have an answer to that I will happily share the patch. You can follow the problem solving here:

I did upload the file here:

Nautik1.mrk.zip (129.6 KB)

edit: let us see what you come up with :slight_smile:
edit2: upload to Elektronauts forum works now, substituted the link with the direct file upload

1 Like

Thanks for trying. Download doesnt work for me, sorry. A good plage to upload would be the mirack section of parchstorage.com. Maybe you would ret that :slight_smile:

The MiRack space on patch storage is a good idea. As the upload to the forum here works now, I just did that.

Link in my previous post is now updated.

1 Like

This one is not 8 hours, but it is made without stimulants. Therefore I don’t know if it still qualifies as techno…

Although I was really looking forward to go back to the black trinity, for now I stick with the created travel setup. Quite interesting to just leave this huge potential sitting on the shelf in exchange for an iPad and the OP-Z.

1 Like

Perhaps too off topic because not using Elektron gear and maybe not even considered techno but 100% improvisation class act = Marc Rebillet. His Amsterdam show is certainly worth watching.

1 Like

Wow.

2 Likes

Here is our latest Improvised set :grin:!

12 Likes

Both location and setup look really awesome!

Definitely like the outcome of your improvisation as well.

1 Like

I had a really fun time last night with the TR-8s, Norand Mono, and Octa as mixer / effects / looper / live remixer. I played for about an hour without changing patterns, just clearing and rebuilding drums / synth sequence, while Octa kept the remnants of the last one going. It was without a doubt, the most fun I’ve ever had making music. I feel like something clicked and I was able to just play the instruments and shape things on the fly.

In the past I’ve tended to take time slowly creating a pattern and then performing it separately. It was liberating coming up with everything on the go, and not having to keep track of what pattern was where an ex which ones would fit together.

6 Likes

Did another one with the setup mentioned before:

Just like synthtastic I got carried away after a while. At around 13:00 into it I completely lost track of how I got there and wouldn‘t have the slightest idea how to recreate anything after that…

1 Like

Recording of the main output of my bluebox

3 Likes

Did you actually find your way through my crude patch? Any outcome of that? Or did you adopt it to your needs?

Would be very interested what you made out of it.

I downloaded it, Got it up and running, and thought “this will be great fun to mess around with during the three weeks my wife is away on a work trip”…. Well all my spare time went making sure the kids got their school stuff in order and being dead tired watching (albeit music related) series

… so yeah she will be back in an hour. Hopefully I will find time during the coming week to figure out the patch and actually make some music on it.

Thanks again for sharing, and apologies for not using it yet

:grinning:

I‘m a father myself, so you can be sure I understand very well. Hope you get what you wish for…