The Elektron documentation thread

CC NRPN for Mute missing in A4’s MKI manual
Can I automate the 4 synth tracks levels with midi CC?

1 Like

Digitakt

8.4 MIDI NOTES
Some functions can be triggered by sending MIDI note values from an external MIDI device (a MIDI keyboard or a computer, for example) connected to the Digitakt via a standard MIDI cable or a USB 2.0 A to B connector cable. Of the 128 notes in the standard MIDI range, Note numbers 0–8 correspond to notes C0 through to G0

0-7 instead?

1 Like

Finally had time to have a look at this. You are correct on all accounts and I have now fixed it in the manual. Thanks!

3 Likes

It is indeed. Fixed it in both AF MKI and AF MKII manuals. Thanks for the heads up!

3 Likes

Obviously, you can count to 8, unlike me :grinning: I have fixed that in the manual now. Thanks!

4 Likes

AR2 gain reduction bar is still mentioned in the manual, but it has been disabled apparently.

1 Like

Hmm… Im looking at the AR MKII User Manual on the website. Here this text is corrected. Am I missing something?

There were at least two previous versions of the 1.45 manual that were issued in July 2018 before you deleted the reference to the gain reduction bar in the current (January 2019) version.

1 Like

Yes I remember that. But I was wondering why the error was still in it. But it wasn’t :slight_smile:
Good thing to remember is that if people Google for the manuals, it’s not uncommon to be sent to a cached (possibly old) version of the manual. To be on the safe side, always download them from the Elektron site directly.

8 Likes

Btw: It would be really nice when the manuals would show the firmware version number of the device and the manual release date in a much more prominent place than the small print copyright footer at the end of the introduction chapter.

9 Likes

You just want more and more and more dont you? You wanted me to put the OS version and date in the manual, and I did. Now you want it bigger? Do you think I have heaps of unused big fonts just lying around huh? When will it ever end? Sheesh!
Just kidding :grin:

17 Likes

It should also be in the filename of the PDF. Pretty much standard practice. Just easily very confusing otherwise.

9 Likes

Not a bad idea at all. I’ll keep that in mind for the future. Thanks!

7 Likes

The CV section of the A4 Mk2 manual needs a bit of review/work (& also on Device UI first, no need for that TRS icon) - the Mk2 has separate CV outs and does not use TRS to combine two …

3 Likes

Yes, Indeed, there are some stuff that needs to be fixed. I will have a look at it when Im back from vacation.
Thanks!

4 Likes

The AF MkII manual (v1.35, July 2018), page 37, section 10.1.1, first paragraph, refers to the [BANK GROUP] key which doesn’t exist on the MkII.

That paragraph should be rewritten.

1 Like

In the Digitone manual it‘s not clear to me in the filter section how to use the 2nd page. I guess it means when filter on page one is off we are using a 6 dB 1 pole and 2nd page comes into play? Could be a bit better explained. I always thought it was on top.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m currently reading the Octatrack MkII manual and just noticed a small typo on page 128, it says “psuedo-stereo” in lieu of “pseudo-stereo”. Thought I would put this here! Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indeed it should. It will be fixed in the next version of the manual. Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes I guess that could be explained a bit better in the manual. The Base-Width filter and the Multimode filter are placed in series with the Base-Width filter before the Multimode filter. Both filters are always “on” (affecting the sound). I will do some adjustments in the manual. Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

3 Likes