The Elektron documentation thread

You are right indeed. I will fix this for the next version of the manuals. Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had a look and it’s there at the top of the first table in the MIDI implementation appendix :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmmm this needs to be investigated. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

2 Likes

Arrr, I was googling “Analog four mk2 manual” and stumbled upon an old version… In order to not be totally useless, I could suggest updating this link with the newest edition :smiley: It’s the top result on Google:

Thanks for checking!

1 Like

Yes, we are looking in to trying to stop Google from linking to old versions of the manuals. To be sure, always go the the Elektron site and download the manual from there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some bits about Tempo nudging in the Model:Samples manual look to be brought over from Digitakt manual, but the function isn’t present on M:S.

mentioned here

1 Like

Yes, its an error in the manual. I replied in that thread.

3 Likes

Analog Four manual (ENG_OS1.40A_191119.pdf) on page 24 says “Press DATA ENTRY knobs A-E to select the track from which parameters you want to assign to the macro.”

I can’t parse that sentence.

2 Likes

Analog Four manual (ENG_OS1.40A_191119.pdf) page 24:

9.2.7 VOICE ROUTING
Accesses VOICE ROUTING. For more information, please see “9.2.7 VOICE ROUTING” on page 24.

I assume that’s meant to refer to 9.5.2 VOICE ROUTING on page 28, rather than refer to the section you’re already reading.

1 Like

Analog Four manual (ENG_OS1.40A_191119.pdf) page 20:

7.2 PERFORMANCE MOVE
[…]
3. Turn the DATA ENTRY knobs and listen how the sound of pattern changes.

That grammar is ungood. I think “listen to how the sound of the pattern changes” would be better.

And then right below that:

7.3 ADJUSTING PARAMETERS
Each track contains six PARAMETER pages. There you can find the parameters that affects the sound.

Should be a plural verb: “that affect the sound”. One parameter affects the sound, two or more parameters affect the sound.

1 Like

:rofl:

First time I read the sentence you cited, I thought it was crystal clear what it meant. There was just a little bug, but no real problem.
I read it again and now I have forgotten what it was suppose to mean, MIB style.

2 Likes

Same here! I think I got it once, but the more times I read it the more it turns into word salad.

3 Likes

Yes that is a bit confusing (wrong) indeed. Shame on me! Will change to:

Up to five track parameters can be assigned to a modulation macro. Parameters can be selected from all six tracks. Press DATA ENTRY knobs A–E to select the track. Turn DATA ENTRY knobs A-E to select the parameters that you want to assign. Press the knob or press [YES] to confirm a selection. DATA ENTRY knobs F-J are then used to set the depth of the five track parameters.

Thanks for pointing it out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Seems I had a bit of an Inception moment there. It should indeed be linked to 9.5.2 instead. Will fix.
Thanks again!

3 Likes

Ungood grammar there indeed! Thanks again (again) for pointing these things out. Expect an updated manual shortly :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The suggested change is much easier to understand, thanks!

N.B the same text appears a couple of pages later (p. 26) in 9.3.2

2 Likes

Another minor one in the A4mk2 manual, p. 23 9.2.1 RELOAD KIT says “Will reload either the active kit, reverting it to its saved status, or to all kits.” This makes it sound like “reverting it to its saved status” only applies to the first case, when reloading a single kit.

Also I think “or to all kits” should be “or all kits” because the “to” seems wrong. And what exactly does “all kits” mean? It’s “all kits in the project”, right?

I think this would clarify it (if I’ve correctly understood the intended meaning!):

Will reload either the active kit or all kits in the project. Reloading kits reverts them to their saved status.

Thanks. I will have a look at that too. That text could also be improved a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Browsing the cycles manual i noticed that the track transpose blurb was copy paste from Samples pdf - the Track transpose value can be adjusted -60 to 60, not -24 to 24 as documented

2 Likes