The Digitakt Wonder: appreciation thread

resample is mono of course. it sounds like crap when resampling the entire mix. It’s ok to grab stuff from mono sources or resample single tracks but as soon as you start spreading things and using fx, resampling becomes of limited use.

1 Like

so don’t do that…
endless of amazing possibilities

Like mechanical keyboard. Very cool.
I use a razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth and I absolutely love that sound :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is feels like a heavy duty Cherry keyboard. Good travel imho. I don’t know why people complain about the noise. They work just as good when lightly pressed and barely make a sound then.

1 Like

I carry the Digitakt with me everywhere now, in my backpack, together with my favourite headphones. As long as there’s a power outlet somewhere, there’s potential for music making.

It hits the sweet spot in size and portability, in this regard.

I have a feeling Elektron’s going for a suite of boxes this size, all of them lined up together making up for a complete, very portable studio. FX, recording, sampling and drums and synths. A very defined series of gear, with the best of all they’ve learned throughout the years. Sort of like a wrap-up of decades of development.

And I have a feeling that lineup will be complete in about a year or so, at which point there’s time for a next gen iteration of their high end line-up, which I believe will redefine their entire paradigm - interface, workflow, architecture, the lot.

2 Likes

Erm, I didn’t say those things :wink: Maybe easier to show than speak. Here’s a quick video. Default OT settings/no template. Sampling from input C. Sampling + accessing the edit page is a one step operation (Rec C/D + Edit). Press stop to stop sampling. After that you just trim and assign to whatever slot you want. Which I could have filmed too but I guess is the same as DT?

My questions were more about me trying to understand the ‘sampling is so fast on DT’ comments than me wanting to defend OT/other samplers, I just wanted to know what about the DT process was making people write that so often. And my previous comment to you was just saying, ‘what you’ve written about basic sampling on OT is innacurate’. It’s not really helpful to spread that kind of info, people do this with OT quite a lot :wink: Don’t want to derail the thread further but if you have any Q’s hit me up with PM :slight_smile:

Edit - the title of the vid isn’t a dig, just a dumb joke paraphrasing Strawberry Fields. In case anyone never heard it :wink:

and now hit the MD and the DT a bit more … when I’m live recording I’m hitting the buttons a bit harder … then the DT is a quite a bit louder

and this is what i hear
IMG_2520.m4v (4.1 MB)

without any doubt … the feeling of the DT button is great … my MnM ones are the worst … they a re slippery plastic

1 Like

Even when my DT is turned off, I often push it’s buttons just because I enjoy it very much. I love how they feel!

5 Likes

In realtime record the DIgitakt buttons sometimes feel like I’m doing combo moves in Mortal Kombat or SF 2.

3 Likes

Love the form factor and everything at my fingertips. Dare I say classic standalone sampler?

3 Likes

Double dare ya!

1 Like

Sequencing 4 midi channels tonight for 3 hours, zero crashes … can’t wait til midi sync works and it earns classic status:

7 Likes

I’m finding this thing to be an amazing synthesizer. I have a project loaded with all the single cycle waveforms. Load up a bunch on tracks 1-7 so you can layer, detune, cross fade, saturate and filter. Resample and load to track 8 to see the different sounds you can build with that, and either go crazy resampling those or start over with the basic single cycle tracks. After a while you have a bunch of great synth sounds that you can start a new pattern with.

1 Like

I really love chromatic mode.
It’s like A4 tiny keyboard, but more playable imo.

But most of all I love the sound !
It’s pure, to the point that I feel like my OT inputs converters might be damaged…

2 Likes

Haha :slight_smile: any chance of a quick a/b dude? Prob going to grab a DT later this year after its ironed out (tho also quietly/foolishly hoping an OT2/DT XL or whatever they want to label it appears by then…). From vids it definitly sounds like they improved every area of the actual ‘sound’ since OT. Curious to hear same sample on both and chromatic with drive/filter etc…

3 Likes