The Digitakt Wonder: appreciation thread

Even if one has 20 synths already?

1 Like

All the better to sequence them with, my pretty.

8 Likes

I will need two digitakts then, 16 midi tracks…well maybe 2.5.

1 Like

do you think I can essentially resample say 32 steps (95 bpm and all 8 tracks used - then clearing all 8 and reloading the resample on trk 1 and 7 new samples) and then build new stuff on top of that? or would that be too much for the machine with the limited sampling time and ram?

My brain is too fried to do the maths but as long as your resample was below 33 seconds (or whatever the limit is) I presume you can resample upon resample upon resample, etc.

I’ve loaded 8 lengthy samples into each track and mucked about with them all simultaneously. DT handles it all in its stride.

1 Like

Great post great machine but your missing an ‘l’ and it’s advice with a ‘c’ @andreasroman :slight_smile:

I’m only being pedantic because I think your maybe a writer ?

1 Like

“you’re”

37 Likes

Digitakt is all about fun.

Its a joy to use, its just clicks. Dont have that often with a piece of kit.

I love the clicks, makes me feel like im scripting the most important cinematic masterpiece ever.

2 Likes

Haha i meant like the the click between me and any given instrument.

But i see your point. Its like the movie atonement, with the typewriter tune

Accepted Interwebz Short Form

1 Like

As long as it fits inside the 64mb it should be fine. It would be nice if we can change the internal sample rates for all kinds of reasons including saving space. I’d love to resample my drums and beats at 12 bit for some gritty stuff and save space in the progress.

32 steps at 95BPM = 5.052 seconds
x 8 tracks = 40.416 seconds

at 16bit, mono, 48khz. 40.416 seconds is 3.9MB

With a project RAM size off 64MB, you can do what you ask, and then do it again, 15 more times, before the need to start a new project.

6 Likes

I already have an Octatrack, I don’t need to be reading threads such as this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They can exist side by side :slight_smile: probably be super fun

3 Likes

Turning LFO.T/FLT.T on and placing trigless trigs controlling filters, pan and other stuff is giving me crazy results. A bit of ducking effect can also be had this way. Pretty cool! :smile:

4 Likes

This is true, so your feedback is much appreciated :blush:

1 Like

sorry i was a little elevated at work when i read your reply initially lol

1 Like

Any comparisons with the OT, those of you who now have experience with both? My gut feeling says that no amount of immediacy can trump the awesomeness of fader scenes, but I’ve been wrong before :stuck_out_tongue:

I hate u because I had to return mine waaaaah lolol I’m kidding. Enjoy my fellow Elektronaut