The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

And a battery :roll_eyes:

1 Like

And ADAT.

These requests (sorry if they’ve already been mentioned) count for both the Digitakt and the Digitone.

• Filter Freq value shown in Hz, not 1-127
  • More filter types (BP, Notch)
  • Compressor values shown in MS
  • LFO to control master effects
  • Vel/Mod/AT to control a value on both LFO’s in the same slot, e.g. LFO1+2 Speed, LFO1+2 Multiplier, and so on.
  • Individual track EQ’s
  • Individual track Compressors
  • Track Signal Chain options, to specify what comes first of th Filter, Drive, and so on.

And would it be too much to ask for regular midi automation? I love the trig contitions, but I’m greedy and would like the best of both worlds :sweat_smile:

Also perhaps an option for the Digitakt to receive other MIDI days than notes? As of now, I’m running the Digitone as the master because of this reason, would be nice to have the Digitakt run as master.

Peace!

3 Likes

Would also love to see reverse (?) swing function, moving from 50% to 20% to induce a triplet signature on regular 4/4 patterns.

3 Likes

I think an option for an inverse conditional triggering option for the percentage or time sig would be handy, like the FILL, PRE, NEI, 1ST.
Maybe a little over the top and i’m sure theres a work around, but i would find it useful.

1 Like

I would like to see variable shape envelopes or at least exponential/log envelopes. Would be nice to have it independent per stage as well.

1 Like

Pitch and Modwheel input would also be nice, to be able to use the DT as master unit.

3 Likes

Built-in user accessible battery! Individual outs, or add-on extra-$ breakout box for individual outs.

Would be my perfect machine, center of my studio, and insta-buy. Maybe next time?

Just dreaming a bit. Don’t mind me.

2 Likes

I agree with you on this one bud!

For each pattern you should have the option to decide if you want tracks 9-16 to be designated as MIDI or select them to be used as additional sample tracks for versatility.

3 Likes

It would be nice to have internal destinations for the LFO on the midi tracks (track length, and velocity). As of right now you can only choose external destinations. Maybe add Program number to the external destinations?

1 Like

Midi sampling

1 Like

PLEASE: Allow full Midi pass through. Keyboards into Digitakt Midi In, all pitch bend, modulation, sustain gets passed through Midi Out. Not critical to record it onto midi tracks, just want it to go through for live performance AND also being able to record …

6 Likes

On the audio part :

A time stretcher (even if it is not in real time and cant be used live … even if there are artefacts - i know this is cpu - consuming !)

To make the midi sequencer part more melody friendly :

Add more polyphony on Midi tracks (4 notes … )
A midi arpegiator and a chord mode (choose the rootnote, add the type of chord - min, 7, … as a parameter)

I imagine Midi and midi fx consume very few cpu ressources compared to Audio

2 Likes

Hey guys,
anyone up for sending some emails for elektron so they implement this feature? I sent mine already, would be great if more people would do the same… Having this functionality will make digitakt a midi sequencing beast. Please drop an email to elektron, asking for this feature too!
Their email for listening this is:
feature-request (at) elektron (dot) se

:smiley:

1 Like

How about elektron making an iOS and Android transfer app for us mobile users .after all nobody wants to lug around a pc everywhere

3 Likes

This one is huge for me. You should be able to assign a sample from the +Drive directly to a track. The process of loading a sample to the project then scrolling through the list to your sample seems redundant. Like when you record a sample it should ask you which track you want, press that track and there it is and just add it to next empty slot in the project sounds.

3 Likes

This really does sound like a no brainer. It would definitely help workflow issues.

1 Like

double the trig conditions (e.g. Fill & 4:4)
context :
hh hats filled
and crash cymbal filled on 16th step (e.g. Fill & 4:4)
so i can play hh with fill button without earing the crash cymbal except during the 4th bar

2 Likes

Press Func + SRC, select an empty slot and press Yes - this will open the +Drive, the sample you select will be loaded to the slot (and in RAM)

13 Likes