The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

To more clearly restate what I was trying to say in the first paragraph of my response. I do not think it’s likely they look to this thread, or any of the feature request threads, as a major source for feature request because there is an official way to submit feature request through the elektron website.

It’s not like Novation where features are being added due to forum input.

3 Likes

I love this idea. I’m going to play with this tonight. Thanks!!

That’s what I like with this box… it’s somehow limited but it still gives enough to be used in ways that were not foreseen.

1 Like

Hurray for me. First time I have seen your user image and not tried to brush it off my screen

3 Likes

‘No’ I say.
The DT is an entry level Elektron device and, as it’s very name suggests, a drum/ sample focused one at that.

It cannot do everything that other products from Elektron are capable of - what a pity! Buy the others then, there you are, I fixed it for you. A company IS allowed to make money by selling products, right? The opinion that Elektron ‘sells you a box which lacks a feature in order to sell you another’ doesn’t hold water IMO.

Actually, we could have a fully featured DT with all the requests, but it would be prohibitively expensive for many of those in the current DT customer base.

Surely it’s best to work within the limits of the machine (which are by no means restrictive). Props to all those who are finding work-arounds and alternatives - it’s a testament to how flexible and open the DT really is :+1:t2:

Oh I’d love polyrhythms another filter type and distortion instead of Bit Reduction, but will be perfectly satisfied with the box as it is with all bugs ironed out and functioning OB for all.

5 Likes

It’s sure. But there are some small issues that could be improved for this kind of machine. Like be able to transposing, bp filter or having stereo monitoring.

I’d love others requests, like slicing, or procesing input signal, but I know these are luxuries, not basic workflow request.

1 Like

aka. bugs

+1 for pre-selecting mutes / unmutes as on AR, A4, MD, …

Pressing FUNC and toggle the desired tracks when in MUTE Mode, making the toggle active once I release FUNC.

Helps so much when playing live / jamming and having multiple devices lined up in front of me…

2 Likes

That seems so confusing!!!

this thread is pretty unwieldy but i suppose i should put any requests here.

not much i miss in digitakt but having an option to offset whole tracks by small increments would be fantastic.

if anyone knows a workaround that´d be nice aswell, having to shift individual steps is just iffy.

1 Like

Func+left or right shifts trigs 1 step in grid rec mode. Smaller increments aren’t possible.

2 Likes

thanks dave but i know the step shift option, i was just referring to shifting whole tracks with the same method. pressing multiple steps also works but gets fiddly fast.

1 Like

I might not understand your question then? In grid rec mode func+left or right (without holding any trig(s) ) shifts all trigs (thus the whole track). :wink:

3 Likes

oh man is that so?
sorry for not understanding you. this sounds like the thing. will try, thank you very much.

edit: just saw you were referring to steps, so no microtiming? if so im bummed out again.

Yeah you can only shift the whole track in steps. That’s what I meant with “smaller increments aren’t possible”. But at least it’s something.

1 Like

got you. in that case i´d like to put a request in.
if anyone is monitoring this thread. its kinda long.

If you really want your request seen, there is an official feature request email on the elektron site.

3 Likes

You must get tired of saying that. I know I would.

Mods should add the word ‘Unofficial’ the title of this thread.

1 Like

I have posted that quite a bit lately. I don’t really mind if it ends up being helpful for someone. “Unofficial” to the title of the thread would definitely clear things up, as this is really a wishlist discussion.

But yeah, I’m sure it’s getting annoying to keep seeing me post that over and over. I’ll probably stop

2 Likes

Not at all, it doesn’t annoy me, it’s a pity that people, justifiably, get their hopes up that things will be implemented/ considered if posted here.
I’m sure it takes some of the heat of Elektron customer support though :wink: