The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Hi! I’m new here and to the digitakt so I’m sorry if I have missed something regarding my feature request.
When highlighting samples for adding to the project, accidentally pressning ”back” exits the sample list and deselects all highlighted samples. It would be nice if the function of the “back” button is moved to another button ( “no” maybe?). Alternatively, if the samples didn’t get deselected after just one back step? That would save me a lot of time. Does anyone else have the same problem?

1 Like

What I do is p-lock all parameters I want to retain on each trigs on those tracks so that they don’t change with ctrl all. Although they do change while twisting knobs but revert back to locked state within 1ms. Kinda fond of that now somehow though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So after using DT standalone for many months now there is always this one thing you have to do with longer samples - setting start/loop points. Nothing slows down the workflow as this process which usually takes ages to do right. I get DT is mosty drum sampler but there has to be a better way to work with loner samples.

I thought so, but the slicing trick, though being a bit of work, is fine enough for me: For a 1 bar 4/4 loop sample set sample length to 7.5, fill 16 trigs with those start values: 0.0, 7.5, 15.0, 22.5, 30.0, 37.5, 45.0, 52.5, 60.0, 67.5, 75.0, 82.5, 90.0, 97.5, 105.0, 112.5. There you are… your loop will follow the tempo and you can now pitch it independently.

2 Likes
  1. Change compressor path: Chanel that is feeding sidechain does not get compressed! (Stop zelling this would not be possible because of chanel architctureit is only software after all)

2. Make the step repeats at least midi controllable or p-lockable

1 Like

Can you elaborate what you mean by making the retrig plockable?
Retrigs need to be plocked to individual steps already to function. It not like you turn it on and every step retrigs on the track like the monomachine.

yes my mistake, make it controllable via midi the rate/repeats so it can be modulated

Much better on octatrack, machinedrum etc as you can „play it“

1 Like

How about muting being available as a trig condition? This would essentially allow you to more or less create an entire songs worth of drum variations. Freeing yourself up to improvise and jam with the midi and even other gear!

2 Likes

If they say it’s not doable then better believe it.
You won’t be the one fixing the resulting issues and maintaining the ugly hacks needed to implement this feature.

Why not just change loop position on a sample to simulate retrig
This can be done right now with existing midi cc’s .

Loop point would determine retrig rate
Only thing more tricky is volume fading down or up but you could probably use lfo retrig to do that if you need to

On most button based midi controllers you set button to send midi cc with value being loop length , map a few buttons to give shorter / longer lengths

No need to wait for anyone to implement anything.

Okay so I’m just gonna join the huge choir of bandpass requesters.
It doesn’t even have to be bandpass if that takes too much resources. A simple static base/width adjustement per track like in the reverb setting or with the Digitone would make everybody very very happy.

1 Like

i would like the global parameter change with TRK to be Channel assignable
IE:if you have a lpf/hpf filtered bassline it stays the same ,whilst all the other assigned channels will be filtered together

2 Likes
  • Midi CC learn

• Midi CC recordable coming from Midi IN Port

• Zoomview in [SRC]

• optional autolock to zero-crossing in [SRC]

• quatizable start on samplerecording

• Retrig Menu: slower turnaction for lenght and rate with soft’focus’ on the correspondending beat-deviders

• Fixing the bank select issure: Global menumode for setting BS Parameters

• Fixing the TrigCon NEI Issure: Neighbour of Track 1 should be 8, neighbour ob track 9 should be 16

2 Likes

Couldn’t you created a trig condition with a P Locked Volume/Level of 0 and do that???

2 Likes

You can do that with P̅R̅E̅. (I think, we need overline in the texteditor here :grinning:)
For example, bassdrum should play only three measures on the 5th trig and not the fourth measure. (Scale 16/16, 1 measure)
Put on the 4th trig a muted trig ([Func]+trig) with trigcon 4-4. Put on the 5th trig the trigcon P̅R̅E̅.

I was just wondering.
In the many years of various machines with lists of feature requests , can anyone point to ones that have been implemented due to it being in one of these lists ?
It’s probably tricky to know for certain unless someone from elektron calls it out , but I guess I’m wondering , are we wasting our time ?
I don’t want to sound negative , i’ve put my fair share of ideas in various lists.
This list has many valid ideas , many requests that can already be done via workarounds , many requests that are just down to not reading the manual. 1800+ posts so far for this one piece of equipment ,

Are we truly asking for innovative ideas ? , or just asking for more things because current solutions stop short of the obvious extra little bits that no one can understand why it hasn’t been done ?
I’m also wondering this separately to bugs , (why they exist is a completely separate thread / rant / discussion , not only for elektron equipment. )

There is an official feature request email that goes direct to elektron, which to me, makes it unlikely that the feature request thread is monitored closely by the company.

That being said they do have a track record of adding multiple features to their machines after release.

2 Likes
  • A Chorus send effect would be amazing to widen up the sound of bass tracks.
  • ability to set a track to run at half the rate of other tracks (to get 8 bar melodic sequences without having to use multiple tracks / trig conditions.
  • more LFOs
  • Stereo Input monitoring - Seems to monitor in Mono - which i get from a sampling perspective but If I want to run my mixer into it to act as a audio interface it would be great to monitor the full stereo signal of my mixer.
  • Arpeggiator would be nice… specifically on Midi tracks.
1 Like

A nice trick I use for widening low melodic elements is to have a audio-rate sinewave LFO assigned to the stereo-pan. It’s essential to tune the LFO speed to the pitch of the sound and be careful with the amount. Too much widening will alter the sound too much from it’s mono version, funny things might happen when mixing.
Good to dial in the values on headphones, but the stereo image is certainly noticeable on speakers as well.

3 Likes

I’ve seen many features added , I guess my more clear question is ,

does this list have anything to do with what they add , is it coincidence it might also appear on here.

More filters , fx type , they’re generally obvious requests , often asked for because we feel theryre quite standard , feature on other gear , the lack of them causes endless lists .
I’m not asking they stop development , I just wonder if this list makes any difference.