The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Fill latch:

Press and hold [PAGE] + [YES], and then release [PAGE] before you release [YES] to latch FILL mode. Press [PAGE] again to unlatch FILL mode.

12 Likes

Oh GREAT! Thank you! @jefones @depuratumba

It would be nice to use the chromatic mode to be able to assign one shot samples to every key. So you would be able to trigger more then 1 sample from a track easily.

Also an app for your phone where you could program stuff ahead which you sampled in the field and then send it to the DT.

2 Likes

At the end of the day all the users are asking for the same. There are like just a bunch features that would do the DT almost perfect. Some of them would require more effort from Elektron and others would be more ‘anti-workflow’.

My favourites because they would be low-cost and easy to the workflow:

• Transposing all steps from a track. Dead easy. Just +1 (or +12) with an hard limit. [FUNC] + [UP] / [DOWN] in grid record mode.
  • Stereo monitoring: Those are two independent channels, just add one more option that sample L (or L+R) channel but bypass the signal. This may be hard to do if they are using a ‘secret’ track to do the monitoring.
  • BP filter - just one more value for a knob, it’s just a math formula (m_buf0 - m_buf3) inside an switch command and one picture for the LCD screen.

Some that may be difficult to do, but rewarding:

• Use L or R inputs as source for a track. You could apply fx and filters to the input!
  • Slices.
  • Song mode.
  • Midi arpeggiator.
  • Kits.
  • More sample slots, especially if they used only 7 bits for them.
7 Likes

I’d like the ability to make tea. Earl Grey preferably.

Oh and to dispense bourbons.

5 Likes

Slices or even ability to audition locked steps (for poor man slicing) would change my life so much.

Little bit of a workaround:

Work the other way around. Exit Grid recording mode, set the start point while pressing the trig so you hear the sound. Set the start point to where you want it to be. Enter Grid rec mode, enter the trig on the step you want and p-lock the start point.

Rince repeat.

Can’t audition it afterwards, but for programming this is useful way of doing it.

4 Likes

Elektron should employ you mate you know you’re stuff… :ok_hand:

1 Like

That’s how I do it for now, yeah.

Let’s have an audio control feature for lfo as a waveform. It could work on samples and midi cc. So if you have a kick come in and you want cutoff on a synthesizer to be inversely appearing with the kick, you could do that. Ie route track 1 audio to lfo control, or allow it to control midi cc or lfo targets directly

SLICES cut capabilities

4 Likes

Microtiming as an lfo destination. I would like a drifting start point on a short sampled sequence, I can get somewhere with infinite loop with a slightly longer/shorter length but its awkward.

4 Likes

yes thats what i want to be able to assign snippets of a sample from the record buffer

Cant go through the whole tread but…

I would like that the Digitakt sequencer triggered the notes when you are turning the knobs to adjust them. That way you would hear what you are going for without pressing play all the time.

1 Like

yeah, but major problem in live :joy:

After having used my Digitakt a while I’ve reconsidered the features I think are “missing” to make a great little sample playback and midi sequencer better.

1. Snap to zero crossing option for sample start, loop and length.

2. Function arrow up/down to transpose all trigs in semitones for both audio and midi tracks.

3. Have the stereo input go to the efx and compressor in stereo. (Monitor in mono without efx, come on…)

10 Likes

Ok so make it a on/off setting then :joy:

Completely agree. That’s highly need. I only would add a BP filter, but it’s less important than your points.

And it would be enough for me having stereo monitoring without fx (but I love the fx idea!). But if I could at least use the compressor on it, then it would justify the Digitone purchase.

If this exists, please tell me :slight_smile: I would like some sort of batch function for resetting patterns. I have destroyed too many patterns by saving without reseting the patterns after jamming. But for times I actually remember it would be great to have a “reset all patterns” function.

Not sure if there is such a thing, but perhaps a work around would be not to save of your project at the end of the jam - on reboot, I imagine it would reset.
Alternatively, you could create a copy of the project with which to jam, although copying any interesting changes between the source and ‘jam’ project would be a faff.

1 Like