The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Yeah, that is how it is, but I was hoping it would be like the trigless locks “continued” for a duration of time and any new sounds initiated in that span of time would also take on those qualities.

Like if you set a trigless lock on step 1, with a LENGTH of whatever comes out to be half a measure or whatever. more than the default 1/16

Then any new sounds that trigger within that overlap period, would take on whatever characteristics you parameter locked in the trigless lock

Doesn’t seem to work that way though, kind of a bummer

I hope it’s a bug with a chance of being fixed! Would be able to accomplish the AND logic by using trigless locks as group wrappers

2 Likes

You guys using the hell out of those trig conditions.

3 Likes

If you use Func+up or down it is basically page up and down while browsing the driver and ram.
Func+left or right will take you forward and back a directory

1 Like

Ok. I thought I tried this last night and it didn’t work? I should probably RTFM again!

If you are previewing samples the functionality works a little weird. you have to release function and repress func plus up/down to page up/down. If you a just hold func while you scroll through to preview it will move line by line.
Hope this makes sense,

2 Likes

I like having global tempo on, so I can switch between patterns without jumps in tempo. Nice option.
BUT
How about an option to ‘lock tempo’ that is saved with particular patterns if we want them to jump to their own saved tempo, if for example they use a loop that must play at a certain BPM? So the pattern tempo/global tempo is an option that can be chosen per pattern as appropriate.

2 Likes

Hello fellow Digitakt users.

Recently, I’ve been thinking of a feature that I feel would be well appreciated on Digitakt.

If possible, it would be very nice and useful (in many ways) to implement a zoom function while in Sample Waveform view under SRC.

Perhaps this could be achieved using the arrow keys in some fashion, which don’t seem to be in use while in Sample Waveform view. eg: FUNC + up/down (to zoom) left/right (to scroll)

I mentioned this on the Digitakt group on Facebook to see who would be interested, and it was well received!

Thanks for this wonderful machine, Elektron. Easily my favourite of all the samplers I’ve used.

7 Likes

This has been requested quite a bit on here so people definitely want it! Although I think a function+encoder combo would be a bit more accurate for zooming and setting start and end points. This way it would resemble the zoom/set functions when you initially sample something.

3 Likes

Any implementation of zoom would be great! Glad to hear it’s a somewhat likely reality, here’s hoping.

A “Master page” view for any parameter (not just volume) so that you could see and adjust, say, Delay Send levels across all 8 tracks at once (or SRC pitch or bit crush level or…).

Not sure if this combo would actually work but thinking: Push and hold any encoder while on any view and then press LFO/Master. Rejoice.

You know what would be most excellent(if possible)? Being able to use folders in the project sample pool.

The current method of having to scroll through the entire list of project samples could definitely use some improvement.

Something like this where you can organize and group sample slots would be a dream come true

just a small adittion… when you are in pattern menu it would be good to show the pattern number you are at as a reminder!
you can do that now by pressing the pattern button… but it might be comfusing because the track number also ls lit . anyways it wouldnt harm to show the number visualy in the menu as well

1 Like

I think I have read most of this thread, and I don’t remember seeing someone suggesting this feature:
When you are turning an encoder, you can’t click on another button page without changing what parameter the encoder is affecting (or how it is affecting a parameter when pressing the shift button).

What would REALLY improve live performances would be if button presses were not influencing encoder changes until the encoder motion is stopped.

That way, you could for example filter out a track, mute another one, go to another track on a different parameter page and start fading in another track while still closing the filter on the first track.

2 Likes

Hmm your thought gave me the idea of selectable control all… basically if you hold the track button it works as normal control all but if you start selecting tracks while keeping track held you start a list of “control all these tracks.” Giving easy ways to effect a few parts at the same time. I feel like this would really open the control in new ways for performance.

5 Likes

Please Elektron! lets us reutilize the midi tracks!!
Just think of how useful it would be to use the extra midi tracks to sequence the audio tracks. So you can have 3 midi tracks mapped to single audio track. Then you can switch between them to, for example, play different melodies and such.

6 Likes

Excellent idea. As far as I am concerned, I find the 8 knobs to be the only non-creative limitation on the digitakt. Maybe instead of the master page they should put a kind of “performance” page where you could select different parameters from different tracks, so that you don’t have to switch between pages. Would be more useful than having the 8 volumes which nobody uses apparently.

4 Likes

This makes so much sense

It would need another button combo though, holding track button is allready needed for trigerless track select, func+track+ track channel maybe.

One thing I have noticed recently is that there is about a half-second delay when holding FUNC + turning the knob back the “0” (specifically for the assignable MIDI CC knobs - haven’t tried it too much with the sound engine).

This wouldn’t seem like a big deal, but if you’re trying to drop something back into the mix it really helps to be able to kill the parameter immediately - otherwise it kind of kills the groove.

Someone let me know if this has been mentioned elsewhere.