The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Yes 100% to this.

Couldnā€™t you headphon out into the volca sample phone app then transfer to the volca sample?

Yep. Did exactly that last night and it works but thatā€™s what made me dream of doing it in one fell swoop without faffing about with extra stuff. :slight_smile:

the heat brings much more to the table BUT simple dynamics on the master page only seems fair innit :wink:
**yes itā€™s the MASTER COMPRESSOR **

-taming the peaks
-sounds like a record
-protects the amps and speakers
-live set sounding more cohesive and professional
-discover the amazing feeling of mixing into a compressor
-new creative ways of using the machine

:sparkling_heart::tada::confetti_ball::balloon::sparkles::fireworks::fireworks::sparkler::heart_decoration::heavy_heart_exclamation::love_letter::love_letter::boom::kiss::dizzy::wind_chime::sweat_drops::sweat_drops:

2 Likes

Sometimes I forget the master page is there at all, I can remember back in may when it was going to be all sorts of exciting things. Being able to control the volume on 2 tracks at the same time was such a dissapointment to me, possibly the most unneeded feature I could imagine.
I doubt there will be any additions to the master or those empty boxes, love to be proved wrong but the best we can expect imo is working ob, they may add some goodies to that but since I cant stand working on computers they mean nothing to me.

2 Likes

You can control two tracks from the master page?? did not know that.

For me, its the least viewed page. I mean i like its there, I just set the volumes right and then dont really look at it.

Id say initially it was planned to be something like the digitones master page, id ā€œnearlyā€ put money on it.
Hopefully it was just put on hold while the mkIIā€™s were being developed.

iā€™d forgotten the master page had the volumes till u mentioned it. Ive never used em, personally.

I use the master page a lot but it would be great if the tracks were labeled 1-8 on it instead of the individual drum parts.

6 Likes

If it hasnt been said, option to route the inputs of the digi to the headphone jack for sample editing w/out affecting current pattern

1 Like

Being able to pause whilst recording samples would be super usefull for making the most of the 33 second limit, add the ability to work on recorded samples as you would before they are saved and it would be fantastic.

4 Likes

Itā€™s impossible to see all the requests but hereā€™s mine that arenā€™t immediately obvious.

Options for adjustable envelope attack and release slopes like on the a4. Having this on the filter env for example, is key for designing kicks from single cycle waveforms, or just from filter resonance.

Would love to see key tracked lfo options like on that A4 as well for some musical fm goodness. Itā€™s simple fm, but greatly increases the sonic pallette.

4 Likes

Cycle notes in sequence. First pass c second f thirdā€¦ etc possibly as an added trig condition?

1 Like

Solo mute mode.

Why is it possible that my $400usd electribe can do this, and my $800usd digitakt cannot? This is a very, very, very VERY simple feature. I highly encourage the Elektron design team to buy an electribe2 and study it for a few days, and learn the simplicity and ease of making electronic music.

Mute algorithm on electribe2:

1. press mute
  2. press track to be muted

Soloing algorithm on electribe2:

1. double press mute
  2. press track(s) to solo

simple. Immediate. concise.
no computer science degree neededā€¦

Mute/soloing is such an indispensible feature of performance, it boggles the mind of just how complicated it is to achieve this same thing on elektron devices. The mute feature should always have its own button and should be accissible immediately without having to press arcane key combosā€¦

It is for this reason that my electribe will continue to be the master sequencer, no matter how good the elektron soundsā€¦

Lastly, i donā€™t think adding this feature will consume too much ram/cpu power and should really be only a few lines of codeā€¦

Fix it. :confused:

Also i donā€™t know if it was mentioned yet, or if itā€™s been implimented yet, but chord recording when live recording midi would be dope as well.

Solo was available as a midi cc but since removed as it seemed to cause to many problems.
I dont understand how a 2 button combination is archaic for muting stuff. Digitakt is the same amount of steps you explain the electribe has to mute.

Have you got pattern change to work between electribe & Digitakt? Iā€™d love that

My biggest issue with the 'Takt is the way it handles samples from the +drive. Sampling audio in is a great experience. You get this super nice waveform display and can mark start and end points for one or multiple slots.

I have about 2000 breaks on my +drive as well as a few long vocal clips. When I load these into a sample slot the waveform display does not allow me to zoom in and its anyoneā€™s guess whatā€™s happening exactly in the tiny caterpillar on my screen.

So what I would like to see is that Elektron give us a way to use the currently existing tools for incoming audio on samples from our +drive.

• Allow us to use this mode to mark one or more separate start and end points in a sample from the plus drive, that are then assigned to an individual sample slot.

• Give us a way to zoom in on waveforms so we can set exact loop points. I love resampling synths but outside of oneshots or really long samples itā€™s not ideal right now.

Both these functions already exist within the Digitakt.

14 Likes

ā€œANDā€ logic for conditional trigs, in the form of ā€œCondition 1 AND Condition 2ā€, such as:
trig 1: 50% chance of triggering
trig 2: 50% chance AND pre
meaning, trig 2 will have a 50% chance, but when that becomes true, it also checks to make sure the previous trig was true as well. with this you could send off chains of random events that depend on each other, or more complicated A:B stuff, or a mixture of both.

I supposed ā€œORā€ logic would be cool too
ā€œ50% OR preā€ meaning it will have a 50% chance of trigging on its own, but it will ALWAYS trigger of the previous was true, no matter what

Going down this line of thought, also thisā€¦ though I know it will never happen :slight_smile:
Instead of just ā€œPREā€, having the ability to depend on a specific step in the sequence. Say you have a trig on step 6. Could have a condition called ā€œSt1ā€. Similar to PRE, but it specifically checks step 1 in the sequence instead of the most recent trig. Could have St2, St3, etc. so you can target dependency on specific steps.

3 Likes

Nice!
They could also use those empty spots for a second condition and a ā€œLogic Selectorā€ (AND or OR)

The reason I want it is to do chain-of-event stuff with subdependencies.
For example, have a snare on a 2:2 condition, but then if you want a second snare to have a 50% chance of triggering after that, but ONLY when that first snare triggersā€¦ thereā€™s probably some finicky way to do it with trigless locks to overlap some conditions but it would probably take a lot of trig space to ā€œset upā€ stuff in between the main trigs, I donā€™t think thereā€™s any practical way to do it with real tight trigs up next to each other.

Something like this is I guess how it could be done right now:
Step 1: Trigless lock, turns volume level up to 100, on a 2:2 condition
Step 2: Snare trig with a ā€œPREā€ condition. So this will always trigger when the trigless lock ā€œturns up the volumeā€ every 2:2 (assuming you can use PRE dependent on trigless locks??? I donā€™t really know)
Step 3:Another snare trig with a 50% trig. This wonā€™t technically be dependent on the other snare, but because of the master trigless lock raising the volume, this will only be ā€œheardā€ every 2:2 along with the primary snare"
Step 4: Another trigless lock to turn the volume down to 0.

So the track fluctuates between a state of audible and not audible. When step 1 comes around, if itā€™s on a 1:2, the volume will stay turned down, and you wonā€™t hear either snare. The first snare wonā€™t trig at all because of PRE dependency, the second 50% snare COULD trigger but you wonā€™t hear it. Then when 2:2 comes around, volume gets turned up, primary snare triggers cuz of PRE, second 50% snare may or may not.

So it would take 4 trigs I guess? And if you wanted other snares in the sequence you would have to do more trigless locks to turn the volume up then back down after the snare.

Damn now I have to try thisā€¦

1 Like

ANNNNND it doesnā€™t work :frowning:
Setting a trigless lock BEFORE a sound trigger doesnā€™t seem to affect it at all, even with the trig length turned up on the trigless lock so it should overlap the following sound trig. No matter what I set on it, velocity, volume, delay, etc. none of it affects the following snare hit. Putting a trigless lock AFTER the snare hit does affect it, but only being able to place it after the sound I donā€™t think is good enough to be able to ā€œwrapā€ these into conditional groups like weā€™re talking about. Darn.

Why would it though? At that point in time there is no sound, and when the sound IS triggered, the parameter values are not those of the locked trig, but the normal unlocked values. The reason it works after is because you are modifying the sound while it is playing. No?

1 Like