The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Good point. I was referring to the midi tracks though. Having a transpose function on a midi sequencer should be a priority I think. I can’t just switch patterns when I want to do that, I need to be able to transpose a sequence for one instrument while keeping the other sequences in the same pattern unchanged

5 Likes

Ability to edit a pattern before playing it, like the new TR-8S.

2 Likes

Different Distortion types would be cool…

1 Like

~1476 posts… Do Elektron actually have a history of adding (major) feature requests? Sincere question. Digitakt is my first Elektron device so I don’t know their track record for this. I know Octatrack got the much wanted conditional trigs though. They probably have enough on their plate for a long time.

they have a history of adding major features, requested or not :wink:

4 Likes

All the other boxes have gotten some more goodies after awhile…
I don’t want to raise hopes necessarily but there’s a good chance after awhile something could happen with DT that’s turns some frowns upside down… :upside_down_face::slight_smile:

4 Likes

AR got 12 or 13 new machine types and conditional trigs…
A4 got overbridge and conditionals…
One of the boxes was hiding a +drive if I remmember correctly… :thinking:
OT got looper machines and a bunch more fx, then conditionals years later…

That’s what I recall off the top of my head, I’m sure there’s more…

2 Likes

A4 also got poly mode. And I think it was the A4 that had a hidden +drive too

3 Likes

Was the A4 hiding overbridge, plus drive, poly, and conditionals?
That’s pretty massive if so…

Yeah check this out, changelog from OS 1.1 4 years ago: poly, resonance boost, +drive and multimap!

2 Likes

Seems like the A4 takes the cake on after launch feature upgrades then… :smile:

Also be aware this thread is not for actual feature requests, it’s just a thread about them hosted by but not officially monitored by Elektron…

Real feature request go here: feature-request@elektron.se

3 Likes

There is it’s under the settings menu in the system option.

2 Likes

Nice to hear! I WILL keep my hopes up for some of the features requested in this thread then :slight_smile:

I agree with the requirement for transpose!

I think what I’d really like is a ‘track page’ for all tracks - or at least the MIDI ones, with selected scale, play direction (fwd/reverse/pendulum/random/drunk walk), transpose, sequence length (or better still, start and stop step setting), velocity, and note length (ideally as a percentage of the step lengths).

In some ways this is a big ask, but many of these features are available on very small/cheap/simple sequencers, and feel like they are missing on DT (to me at least).

1 Like

Would love to see this as well. Software wise, Quantum on iOS can do this.

Midi retriggering would also be pretty sweet. Not sure if it’s been mentioned but would definitely be nifty.

3 Likes

On a project I’m currently working on, it’s pretty generative – lots of % trig conditions. What would be really sweet is of you could apply a % condition to the whole track globally as the default value, currently it only works as a parameter lock. That way you could adjust the intensity of the track – as in the number of hits – over time. Of course I can simulate that by just creating a bunch of patterns with te percentage values altered, but I think this could be a nifty performance feature.

5 Likes

Ok, I’ve got a never-gonna-happen-but-why-not-wish-it-out-loud idea: the ability to encode a sample and send it out the headphone jack to a Volca Sample. :slight_smile:

Sometimes, 8 just isn’t enough. How handy would it be to quickly offload some of the work to a Volca Sample and then sequence it via the MIDI tracks? Would be like a magic $150 Digitakt Expander.

Couldn’t you headphon out into the volca sample phone app then transfer to the volca sample?