The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Ok I don’t if this has been mentioned, but I would really love a pattern change for individual tracks. Like You would have a pattern going, and then you can change the kick snare to another pattern. Sort of like DJing if that makes sense.

This would be sooo helpful when making songs too. As most of the time I create a whole new pattern when I only want a track to switch.

1 Like

It depends on your expectations I guess… I’d say it’s a bit similar to the one that is in the Analog Rytm.

Yes, Roland Torcido. Got it new for 150€. I wish I had the Demora too. I never tried the Elektron Drive or Heat but this little box does what I want. The good thing is that it can be re-configured easily to do something else. I wish Roland would push this idea further and make a full-blown successor to the Nord Modular.

1 Like

I just saved my own blank pattern and use that instead

Hi everyone, first post!

I think it’s been mentioned before a few times, but please please please bring a Transpose function for midi sequences! This would make the DT absolutely perfect to me, but right now this is a major pain point.

Had the DT for 3 weeks now and am already considering my other options… I sequence all my hardware with the DT which is awesome, but I can’t deal with switching from one pattern to another just because I want to change keys…

Is that too much to ask you think?

4 Likes

Use the FILL option in trig settings. Then you can just hit FILL and depending on how you program it, your beat will change

1 Like

I thought about that, but then you can’t have same trigs of different sounds in the same sequencer spots. Plus, it would work way better for transitioning to a different song.

An option to haveTrack mutes behave as audio mutes, alongside the existing ‘trig’ mutes. Currently, if you trigger a long-release sample accidentally and need to mute it, you can’t unless you dbl-tap Stop. Not great when playing live!

1 Like

This! It’s really interesting choice that they didn’t go with audio cut type mute. Plus, wish there was a mute on the reverb and delay, or a way to mix tracks in dry/wet kind of way.

Master Compressor (multiband would be DOPE) and an extra filter and lfo per track. That would literally be all I need. Aside from that, as impossible as it might be, chords from audio tracks would be a dream come true.

3 Likes

Midi sequencing capabilities of the Digitone, I’d imagine that’d be simple to port over to the Digitakt.

3 Likes

Bandpass filter. BANDPASS FILTER. BAND PASS FILTER!
Oh and scale mode on the Digitakt too.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea bandpass filter and master compressor would make this device sound a lot better!

1 Like

right now, my biggest wish is for the DT to pass thru Mod and Pitchbend info!
Surely that’s not asking too much?

(My requests are modest because I’m very happy with the DT since 1.06 improved MIDI stability)
(and I bought a stereo distortion that makes everything sound good & master comp unnecessary)

yeah the only really option is to use the mixer page to fully mute a track… I think there is an ipad ap someone made that lets you basically always have the mixer page open which would be good for quick mutes.

Animated display if a parameter is changing due to LFO or p-locks. The display does this when being driven by MIDI events, why not if driven internally?

10 Likes

This would be so useful!

I would also love a band pass filter and compressor. Preferably a compressor with some character which can be abused :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s extra in the digitone that the digitakt midi sequencing is missing?

I heard the Digitone has a transpose function that the Digitakt is missing

1 Like

How would digitakt ever be able to transpose though?, controll all on the pitch would sort of work if all the tracks had short samples but since pitch on the digitakt is actually speed of playback anything longer than a hit or stab would sound a mess.

ever realized that lfo to sample start is not working while playing samples reversed?

fixed in 1.06?