The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

You have to go out and purchase the $700USD Analog Heat like I did to get that feature. haha

Why not just use smaller sample segments? I use an SP1200ā€¦ 10 seconds of sample capacity on a single floppy. I have to chop up 16 parts of an 8 second sample. You can do this easily with CPU and DT.

It would be really nice to have a greater range of retrigs for glitching. 1/128 or even 1/256.

1 Like

Doubt this will happen, but a three band EQ would be sooo nice.

Beat repeat functions, I either on a single sample or on the whole master. That would be really cool.

1 Like

Are you saying to lock the entire TRACK not to be changed via CTRL - ALL or a lock for SAMPLES / SOUNDS that are ON a track not to be affected by CTRL - ALL? Or maybe both, Iā€™ve seen requests for both actually. Either one would be kinda cool, maybe a toggle for lock track / lock sound or none. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll once again throw my vote for a Compressor on the master page. Everything else for me is either fixed in 1.06 or can be worked around. I mean the machine cant do everything and really shouldnā€™t.

Being as I have given some study to user interfaces on occasion and have had the privilege of working with some truly horrendous interfaces - cough anything cough McAffee cough cough - where the users completely dictated the feature set to the point where if you wanted to complete a single thing, you had to jump through page after page, section after section with check marks and toggles and code snippets. :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

I dont know how much input Elektron got over the years to get the interface to where it is now but clearly they decided what would go in it and giving it a very open sort of architecture so that it was not limited to JUST what they decided it could be used for.

The Digitakt interface seems to be a nearly perfect balance of power vs accessibility and although I know we all want what we want, for our own particular workflows, I for one would like to see the accessibility stay at the level it is, even if that means I dont get a compressor which myself and many would use the F out of.

** edited to add that I - know - that there are still some bugs to be ironed out. I - know - that OB is not here yet and was what some people have been waiting on to really dive in. And YES Iā€™d be willing to let the bugs be ironed out before any new features are added. Some peoples workflows seem to be very impacted by the bugs. Mine, not so much.

1 Like

Bandpass Filter

Notch Filter

Simple 1 band Equalizer after the filter!!

2-3 different REV & DLY algorythms

(Maybe Offline timestretching?)

Possibility to switch unused LFOs to other Tracks!!

8 Likes

Is it not the same ? As the CTRL-ALL affects only parameters and not the trig grid. I was talking about locking the SOUND (as defined by Elektron) of a track, so Sample+Parameters.

1 Like

Right it doesnā€™t affect the trigs laid down. But say for example you are using track 1 for kicks and snares, just your basic backing beat. Then on tracks 2-8 you have your blips and bleeps. You want to CTRL-ALL everything EXCEPT your kick and snare.

There would be two ways to achieve this in our scenario: 1) ā€œlockā€ the snare and the kick ā€œsoundsā€ which would be two steps to achieve 2) lock track 1 which would take one step. Then go HAM on CTRL-ALL!! Wooo!!

I mean I can see a case for both ways since you can use trig locks and tracks in soooo many different ways. Hope Iā€™m making sense here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

+1 on a BP/HP filter!! Removing the bottom end from some drum sounds is essential for a proper mix (esp. with only a stereo out)

2 Likes

Simple 1 band EQUALIZER AFTER the FILTER!!

Possibility to switch unused LFOs to other Tracks!!

3 Likes

I would love to be able to trigger the fill button with a midi pedal or switch of some kind.

3 Likes

Yup, thatā€™s right ! But as we have parameter locking, a simple lock track would be enough, donā€™t you think ? If you donā€™t want the lock track activated on the whole grid, just parameter-lock it as deactivated on your chosen steps, no ?)(Or inverse)
I hope someone from Elektron is reading that !

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense. That would achieve what I think is the root issue of having some sounds that you donā€™t want to affect via CTRL-ALL.

1 Like

I looove my Digitakt. Itā€™s so immediate to use, so easy to sequence my gear, I can just start pressing buttons and have cool loops in minutes. Then I get to the part where I want to arrange my loops into a song, and it goes a bit downhill. I know I can do a one-off chain of patterns but it is not very intuitive or permanent :confused:
What I really want is a screen that lets me organise patterns in order. Itā€™d be fine if that was the only thing it did - just a simple, saveable, visual way of organising a bunch of patterns. It feels like the screen could easily display up to 8 patterns at once, let you change which pattern is in which spot on the screen, and let you use the page button to cycle through pages of 8 patterns.

5 Likes

Hey Look ! Problem Solved ! :smiley:

2 Likes

This might be hella confusing but iā€™d like to be able to record the muting and unmuting of each sample channel as automation.

right now, Iā€™d love the ability to save a pattern or kit, including track MIDI settings, as a new default. That would save a looooooooot of boooooooooring work.

7 Likes

Is that a 200$ modularā€™ish effects processor? Roland Torcido? Thatā€™s new to me. Looks really cool though. No experience with the Elektron Drive or Heat, does it bring anything similar?

** edited to add ā€œOMG what have you done?! I was trying to stay away from the modular world as long as I could but these things look like they are so versatile I may not be able to resist and then once I get one Iā€™ll probably have to have another. Iā€™m doooooomed!!ā€

How does the comp sounds? Might pick one up if it sounds good