The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

MIDI Arp please!

6 Likes

I havenā€™t bought a digi yet, but I would like the inputs to be used as a mixer, with pans and effects send. 8 knobs would be perfect for this. :slight_smile:

Bi-directional looping would be nice. Perhaps you can fake this using p-locks?

I suppose stereo sampling is out of the questionā€¦

In any case, I will probably get one when they fix midi operation.

1 Like

Probably already said butā€¦ Muted midi tracks shouldnā€™t send their CC values (and their eventually associated LFOs)

3 Likes

Hereā€™s something i would like for christmas

1: It would be cool to be able to control a parameter for all tracks from an external controller. What I specifically want right now is to be able to control the frequency of the filter from a knob on my novation SL, and have it control the frequency on all tracks, like a master filter. Or just a master filter :slight_smile:

2: A way to group tracks. This is related to the filter thing. Would be cool to be able to group tracks and have only those effected when you hold the track button. The delay on a lot of tracks can be pretty cool, but often i want to exclude any kick drums i have going for instance. Just a thought, love the Digitakt.

• Safety question while pressing FUNC + CLEAR combo.

Super easy to lost your work during jamā€¦ happend to me, happend to Cenk in one video, pretty sure it happened to most Digitakt users :wink:

• Arp in midi tracks would be great
  • Additional filters
5 Likes

Some different variants for the bitcrusher and overdrive, bandpass filter and the ability to save pattern chains are the big ones for me.

1 Like

If you repeat the FUNC+CLEAR combo it will undo your clear

4 Likes

Unfortunately this will not work if you press some other buttons earlier

Pre-Emptively copy the pattern on occasion so you can just repaste your pattern

2 Likes

Yep, could also pre-emptively save pattern :wink:

On a side note

If you do both at different points then you have the option to revert to 2 different starting points. And thatā€™s pretty cool to me.

1 Like

I vote For EQ and slicing options and I definitely throw my maschine in the bin to make hip hop.

More seriously, a voting system to focus on feature to implement primarily would be great instead of this infinite threadā€¦ Elektron please.

2 Likes

What iā€™d like :slightly_smiling_face:

• zero crossing detection on sample loop, it clicks too much and itā€™s really doable with a ā€œinit analyzeā€
  • looping foward/reverse/forward/reverse I donā€™t understand why itā€™s unavailable
  • tune really low -24 and more, ok could sound bad, but you may want this
  • slice mode, yes 16,32,48,64 slice !!! please, make it rigid, itā€™s okay ! we can import loops and work easilly with this

I donā€™t want to have a OT iā€™ve got one today, butā€¦ want deeper control on sample.

8 Likes

If they add slice, Iā€™d like the midi tracks to be selectable as extra audio tracks, even if they canā€™t get above the 8-voice polyphony. Once you slice something up, you quickly run out of slots for other sounds.

My dream would be if they add a drum synth engine and have all 16 pads assignable as: audio, synth, or midi. That flexibility would be ridiculously amazing.

5 Likes

Regardless of whether itā€™s likely or not, if they were to add slices theyā€™d probably do it in a way that does not take up your sample slotsā€¦
On the OT for example, your start parameter changes to a slice selectorā€¦

1 Like

Sorry not familiar with the OT, but would you imagine going into a keyboard mode, like chromatic mode on the DT?

The way the input is manages is really eccentric. If you are going to be sampling something, itā€™s great to be able to hear the source along with it. That was actually something my Boss SP-202 did back in 2001 and was surprised the digitakt did not. I think it would be a huge workflow implement to be able to monitor while you are editing and previewing.

1 Like

I keep wishing the master page were labeled 1-8 rather than with the default sample names. I mean, I change those samples 99% of the time.

3 Likes

Think of them as names instead of descriptions.

Like, my name is Ryan- but I look more like a Tim

4 Likes

I would love a volume mute mode as opposed to trig muting. So longer samples could be muted on demand. Currently, I push+twist the level knob to achieve this and reload pattern to ā€œunmuteā€. Could be implemented via a 3rd mute option when toggling between global and pattern mutes.

1 Like