The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Probably been said before, but a warning would be nice if you try to save something with the same name. I’ve lost quite a few recorded samples this way.

6 Likes

Hi

need more than 128 slot for sample in a project, 128 is not enough, yet there is still free ram but no more free slot :frowning:

256 would be great :wink:

thanks

5 Likes

Side chain compressor
arpegiator/scaller
solo
audio thru in
second LFO
LFO midi more faster !
transpose mode with selectable transposable track (exemple : transpose only track 2, 6 and 8 - or 5, 8 and 9 etc…)

3 Likes

Ability to dim the LEDs of buttons and Display separately. To me it is to bright when working in a darker environment. Thx.

5 Likes

Here is the support ticket and response from Elektron that I received this week regarding a back-up option:

Customer

“First off, thank you very much for the updated information (and gift) regarding Overbridge. I know a lot of people were glad to hear that your team really understands the plight of their customers. That being said, and I am sorry to complain again, but when are we going to have the ability to back-up our Digitakt samples and projects? This seems to be a major oversight (which seems odd given your company’s reputation) and waiting till February seems ridiculous considering I got my Digitakt in August and still can’t do a proper back-up. Please add this in the next update somehow, maybe through the transfer software that you currently provide.”

Elektron Support

“Hi, We are working on the backup solution, not sure when it will be available exactly. However, it is not far away. Regards, Simon M”

Its an answer and a very quick reply, I might add, even after the latest announcement.

4 Likes

Hearing effects, when monitoring.
Transpose.
iOS Overbridge.

I hear people talking about solo on the digitakt, but i can’t seem to find it. Quicktip?

It’s accessible via MIDI CC only right now, I believe.

1 Like

Ahh, i see. Thanks!

1 Like

I have an amended list:

DIrect pattern change (for syncing with the Analog Four).
Compressor/EQ.
Internal MIDI routing, using one MIDI track to control 1-8 audio tracks for poly mode.
Effects on monitoring, not TOO fussed about summing to mono, although stereo would be nice.

After that (with a few bugs ironed out and OB on the way) the DT will be perfect for me.

Loving the DT, A4, SP404 and BS2 combo. Feels like I can do anything on this set up.

pleeease add:

• more than one LFO per Track
  • an arpeggiator on the MIDI Tracks (or… on all Tracks;)
  • Song Mode
  • more Filter Types would be nice…

But… more then any of that… we NEEED a backup solution :smile:

5 Likes

great News!

This will probably just disappear in this mammoth thread and never be seen by the developers, but I would really like the current trigs to be duplicated in a more logical way when extending pattern lengths that are numbers other than 16.

The ideal working situation would be an exact duplicate of what is already there when PAGE is pressed in the SCALE menu. For example, if I have a trig on 1, 3 & 5 in a 12 step pattern, if I press PAGE I should get a 24 step pattern with trigs on 13, 15, and 17 that are identical to the ones on 1,3 & 5. This is the behaviour if the pattern is 16 steps, you get the same trigs on the next page with the length set to 32. But as soon as you start working with patterns that are less than 16 steps the whole thing goes to hell.

Its not a very fast way of working if you work with 10, 12 or any length patterns that don’t slot neatly into 4/4. You end up having to copy paste trigs and break out the calculator to make sure they end up in the right spot. Should be easy enough to change this behaviour, even a simple ‘work this way or not’ on/off setting in the config section would be great so the original behaviour can be kept if needed. Even the lowly Arturia Beatstep Pro works by just doubling your sequence when you increase the length, so you don’t end up in this situation with pattern lengths. THX!!

2 Likes

big thing would be the ability to send specific tracks to the internal resampling …something like the master levels but as a routing screen.

that way you could easily use it as an unquantized way of sampling and assigning.

the actual state just allows for all track internal sampling. panning is no option because it kills the flow. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This would be $$$$$

Keys that don’t stick please.

EDIT: Thinking about it would an alternate design of key cap, solve this problem? If the edges of the cap were extruded further down into the hole, then wouldn’t the keys just guide themselves up and down with no chance of a jam?

Anyone have a 3d printer?

2 Likes

No way I have time to read almost 1200 posts…

Pattern location swapping?

Select one pattern, select another and the locations are swapped. Good if you’re laying out a song and want the Digitakt to follow another device (Octatrack). Sometimes I try multiple patterns on the Digitakt against other patterns on the Octatrack and then I want to re-arrange my patterns on the Digitakt. This usually ends up being copy a pattern to some blank location(maybe another bank), copy one I want to move and paste it on the old one, then copy the old one to the previous location of the new pattern. It’s like 3 copy and paste procedures just to swap 2 patterns. Then you have to clear out your copy areas to make sure you know you can use those blank patterns again.

2 Likes

Midi learn is #1 for me, too
[right after fixing the MIDI track bugs that cause tracks to freeze or stop triggering!]

I’d like a Midi learn implementation as simple as pressing down a DT encoder in the Amp/ Cc Sel. screen and then simply twist a knob on the external synth to have DK learn and map the Cc/NPRN.
Press, twist, release.
Would seriously love that!

5 Likes

Scale **tip **per *track

sde

song mode
crossfade options for looping samples, clicking is getting on my nerves
this ones the biggest:

ability to trig long samples straight from the drive+ without loading it to the ram!

6 Likes