The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Adjustable light intensity. I find the white LEDS to be excessively bright when working in semidarkness situations. It gives me headaches and keeps me from working longer.
Thanks and congratulations on an amazing machine!

2 Likes

This would really ramp up the modulation possibilities without going into midi-split box option and allow Digitakt to work with external clock (preceding it in midichain) while modulating itself (if you loop back the midi-out signal while sending a clock to the rest of the chain you will mess up DikitaktĀ“s own clock).

1 Like

I expect this has been mentioned already:

1. ā€˜immediate pattern changeā€™ or whatever they call it - on the Rytm it is a pref - at the moment it will only change pattern on the bar.

2. I would like Ā±36 on pitch change rather than Ā±24

3. I know itā€™s not really an electron favourite, but I badly miss the ā€˜repeatā€™ button from my MPC (hold it down and hit a sound and the sound will repeat on a user adjustable value)

5 Likes

Yep. That and mute groups are what I probably miss the most. Maybe the only things.

1 Like

When you say mute groups, are you referring to setting (for example) two tracks to ā€˜group 1ā€™ so they cut each other off - like an open and closed hat? - yes I agree 100% essential feature request!

2 Likes

Yeah, without it, it also really limits live remixing of chopped up samples, like you would do on say an SP or an MPC. This is absolutely my #1 request. It would be so simple to add as well.

Bought the Digi on release and to be honest I havnt been using It as much as Iā€™d hope for.

Iā€™m really missing individual track lenghtsā€¦Iā€™m used to have Pads running for 8 bars (minimum!) and having an easier way to transfer samplesā€¦this limited enviroment isnt boosting my creativity, just dampening itā€¦ :frowning: as it is today Iā€™m just fiddling around with the Digi and looking at my SP 404 all the time thinking Iā€™m cheating on it. :wink:

Conditional trigs can get you 8 bars or more, 1:2, 1:4, etcā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can boost your creativity by reading P32 of the manual :slight_smile: - you already have individual track lengths with various further options!

4 Likes

Limited enviroments boost my creativity but I agree with you. Its still buggy and needs an update fast. Overbridge shouldā€™ve been ready by now. I havenā€™t used my Digitakt much like I hoped and looks like 2018 will introduce the next update. By then Iā€™ll be shopping for a new sampler.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t encountered any bug yet, at all, nothing stopped me from doing anything.
I sincerely donā€™t understand when i read extreme posts saying they wouldnā€™t buy the Digitakt in its present state for example, it doesnā€™t compute with what i have in my hands right now.

2 Likes

Midi retrig, please,please,please.
Undo.
Solo track.

4 Likes

I just bought an Analog Four and Iā€™d like to sync them up.

Is there any way to make the A4 send direct pattern changes to the Digitakt? Seems like it delays it by one cycle.

If thatā€™s not possible, then Iā€™m requesting that!

1. Pattern Chain save feature
    2)Slightly tweak the process for chaining patterns ( Include being able to repeat first pattern in chain multiple times.)
  2. Allow for being able to edit a PTN while another PTN is currently playing. Examples: such as (muting/unmuting TRIGS, changing a MIDI TRIGs BANK SOUND source to play different sounds from your synth before you switch back to that PTN.
1 Like

Allow to reload a single parameter without reloading the whole saved pattern. Or am I missing a way to do this?

If you press a trig and click the encoder the parameter will reset to default

4 Likes

Thanks, but I think that works for a locked parameter only. What I mean is, letā€™s say I change the tuning knob, in or out of the grid mode, and then want to revert that single parameter to its saved value. Maybe Iā€™m missing something but I only seem able to reload the whole pattern (FUNC+NO) or clear the parameter to its default value (CLICK ENCODER+NO).

1 Like

more children for the mother, some brothers for the twins erebus and his gender-role-twisted brother jomox who dont sleepā€¦

Yeap, those are the only two options indeed. You could of course temp save, then tweak the knob and revert to saved state. But I get what you mean. It would be a nice addition.

1 Like

COMB! the most underrated filter type of all time.

4 Likes