The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

More feature requests:
-option for stereo playback if a track gets sacrificed(I would probably move on acquiring a second if this is enabled *wink wink nudge nudge*)
-option to sacrifice a track to apply its LFO to an existing track
-a shorthand way to copy all the sounds and just the sounds between patterns

I have a request! Can we have a working machine! Pleeeaassee! Lol.

3 Likes

Not 100% sure what you mean, but this is entierly possible no? Just take stereo sample, record channels as two separate samples to DT. Setup left track with left sample, pan amp hard left, copy track, paste to next, change to right sample, pan hard right. Not tried but should work in theory.
I mean I can see the limitations of not being able to play with the filter on both tracks simultaneously and more so not ideal.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

True! I’m thinking Void might work his magic like he did for the RYTM. If only he weren’t so busy currently!

On this note I would like it if they added the ability to edit parameter on select tracks simultaneously. Like maybe press and hold Trk > press and hold select tracks with other hand > let go of Trk to move encoders with first hand. Sometimes I just want to move the filter for 2 tracks simultaneously.

2 Likes

You can do this with the midi tracks

1 Like

ALSO a good option! I know things like this were possible with MidiBro things or whatever.

With M4L sysex capable, I wonder if M4L devices could enable this?

Do I finally need to learn M4L? Is it about that time?!

1 Like

Do you mean you can edit a midi param on 2 midi tracks simultaneously, or do you mean you can somehow use the midi tracks to do the simultaneous edit on the audio tracks parameters?

I suppose if you set two different tracks to the same midi channel, it would HAVE to make simultaneous changes?

I haven’t experimented with the DT midi received bit- but I reckon that would be possible

You can take a midi cable and create a midi loop with your digitakt. Plug the cable into midi in and midi out.
Go to channels in the settings midi folder. Set all tracks to off, excluding the two tracks you would like to edit at the same time. Set both of them to midi channel 9. Turn auto channel off.
Exit out of the menu and select midi track A.
Enable and set channel to 9
Go to the “amp” menu and set SEL1 to bit reduction, cc18.

Check it outtt
you did it.
It might freeze.
Make sure send and receive is off for clock and program change.

please please

Remain in Mute mode after chose a pattern to come

Yeah, but the DT doesn’t need song mode tho ;D

1 Like

This works if you hold down PTN and press the number while holding PTN. If you just press and let go of PTN it won’t stay in mute mode.

3 Likes

Much thanks

2 Likes

You bet! SUPER essential for live gigs!

Again i had to realize that the trigger/button LEDs
make me totally paralized and confused after using it for 30-45 minutes!
the display is ok with brightness, but the trigs make me stop working very quickly!
i bet there will be no update for lowering the brightness of them, so i will void the warranty and put some filter under the buttons,
but this sucks!
it‘s nice to have a lot of visual feedback, bit this is def. too much :face_with_head_bandage:

any better ideas?

1 Like

Not the best solution, but keep it in either mute or rec mode when you can. Obviously you can’t always do though. Also, I found having a bright overhead light on helps.

Open a support ticket on this. They might add it.
Shining a desk lamp on the digitakt helps as well.