The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

KBD TRACK AS LFO SHAPE OPTION pleeeease

1 Like

Kind of, but not quite. there’s triplets and dotted in between. In the unofficial guide topic there’s a complete list. It goes something like 1,2,3,4,6,8,12 etc. There’s lots of possibilities :slight_smile:

option for fixed length sampling (1 bar, 2 bars etc) and slicing (16th / 8th etc).
it’d make working with long samples so much better.

I know it’s already been requested, I’m just adding my +1 to it.

3 Likes

Neat yeah, but i thought more of a legato jump, not a restart from the first step

Just dreaming: Sample/project management system built into Overbridge, with basic sample editing capabilities (including BPM detect, time stretch, and tagging).

6 Likes

I really dig runaway dub-style oscillation of the delay when the feedback is high.

But the insane volume increase is hard to control. It might be better if the delay output hit a limiter, softly clipping at a reasonable cap. Or had the option to limit. That way you could do cool tape/BBD experimental stuff at a reasonable volume increase.

The delay is so nice that it really makes me wish a mono sum of the inputs could be routed through their own virtual audio track. No trigs, just a simple streamlined path through the audio engine. Live incoming audio gated open through the track volume, OD, bit redux, filter, and delay/reverb effects sends with an LFO. Access it through some key combo.

Heck, even just a External Input On/Off option and send levels would be really handy.

3 Likes

Here are some mandatories;

~ pitchbend through/record, on the midi tracks; it’s ridiculous this is not implemented.
~ the option to input on more then one midi track at a time; the single input, on whatever track you are on, while functional, disrupts how a lot of people use midi. For example, keyboard splits, a very common feature on midi controllers, don’t work. I don’t mind midi adaption, but it should be an option. Why not just give all 16 channels this option, instead of just the first 8?
~ song mode; I actually don’t mind the use of track mutes, but it would be nice to be able to recall sets of patterns.

These would be nice;
~ at least 2 more lfo’s per track; 8 cc outputs is nice, but almost useless, since streaming 8x8 midi cc’s simultaneously simply chokes it’s midi output. And how much modulation, do yo need, outside of whatever synth, or voice’s own internal modulation? Get rid of the bottom 4 and turn them into assignable lfo’s. It should have 4 lfo’s and 4 cc outputs per track, to be honest.
~ The conditional trigs are great, but could be amazing; with the addition of either a conditional, on the conditionals, (as mentioned, conditional trigs on the cc’s only, or note only), and what it is really missing, is the inclusion of an ASR, (‘analog’ shift register), in the conditionals. Basically, this would allow you to round robin the notes, such as make a chord of four, but it only plays one, after another, each time it is triggered. Instead of just an asr, it could be patterns, like play the first 1-4 notes the first time and the last 1-4 the next, etc…

1 Like

Feature Request: Retrig on Midi- it hadn’t occurred to me that it wouldn’t be on there.

1 Like

Why don’t you get a USB to midi converter and split up the midi?

The Kenton USB Midi Host has worked in the past for me

Thanks, but i don’t see how that would help, unless the Kenton has some kind of midi filter. Basically you’re saying i should run midi out from the digitakt usb to a box that converts it to midi out. The digitakt already has Midi out, so this would just be an unnecessary step. Anyways, it’s irrelevant, because no one really needs 64 cc changes at the same time, i’m just saying that 8 cc’s per channel is a waste… 4 would do fine.

Then you would have Midi out from two separate channels- helping to balance out the midi load.

Another reason for the 8 per channel is if you’re playing different changes at different times.

I plan on using all 64 at once once once i rig up the midi channels

1 Like

cutting down to 4 cc a track would severely limit what I do with my dt, I guess this is a ymmv situation.

1 Like

This doesn’t help the midi load; both outputs would be shooting the same load, so to speak, (ie. 8 midi channels with up to 64 midi cc’s per step, in addition to all the midi notes). The point is, wherever your midi would be coming into, would receive all midi channels at the same time, which is what chokes it. You can’t split them up, without a daw or a midi filter system.

1 Like

Maybe true, but you gotta admit, 1 lfo per track is pretty lacking. Especially when you can only give it a single destination.

3 Likes

Yeah, 1 lfo is lacking, I wouldn’t sacrifice midi cc for it though.

Edit: If midi gets sorted on the box, midi loop back does help with the lack of lfos. Just not in a stable way yet.

Feature request- be able to select which port(din or USB) the midi channels go to

1 Like

Parameter lock and lfo animation. Visual representation of the affected parameter.

8 Likes

Right and no offence to you, but if that’s what he wants, he is entitled to put it here without fear of people telling him that he’s wrong to do so.

This is a wish list. He could wish for sky blue pink encoders if he wants to do so… :wink:

4 Likes

Tempo SCALE per track :wink:

8 Likes