The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Polyphonic sample playback. The workarounds are annoying. Just wanting to make the most out single cycle waveforms. and using multiple tracks to achieve polyphony can often be very limiting for me.

1 Like

Hi, i think the save method u should use for particular(s) pattern(s) u wanna update from your jamming, is ā€œSave to projectā€. In Pattern Menu (three dots)

Then u donā€™t have to save the whole project and new settings in others pattern.
So when u Turn off DT and repower up it reload project with just the patterns ā€œsaved to projectā€ updated and the other as previously saved.

Using Func yes donā€™t save anything in your project. U better use Save to project anytime u got you pattern new start point. And Func yes used only as a performance tool.

Hope itā€™ll help

Ps:
U got Three options for saving the pattern to project, Whole,kit data,seq data.
I usually go fo whole when saving, Theses options are more cool to use when clearing to keep a just a kit or a seq.

5 Likes

That does help! Thanks, will start doing this from now on :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would be happy with 3 or 4 notes polyphonyā€¦ I am just discovering the single cycle waveforms as well and it would be so cool to have polyphony. This thing has so much potential!

1 Like

Anyone mentioned the possibility of being able to assign unused LFOs (from MIDI tracks for example) to audio track parameters? Bit like the Monomachineā€¦

1 Like

Agreed! Something like the MnM arpeggiator would be gold!

2 Likes

Are there not Arps on the Midi tracks?

OMG! You are right! The MnM is a synth! And, guess what: it does also have a great arpeggiator on both the synth and the midi tracks!

1 Like

Nope. So far there isnā€™t an arpeggiator. Sadly.

The monomachine is not technically a drum machine but a very capable drum machine when utilized as one :sunglasses:

How odd!

Though, Iā€™m fixing to just control VSTs in Ableton with it, so I can just load a Midi Arp in there.

Iā€™m also a little surprised when I heard there isnā€™t track multipliers per track on there. I thought they were going to throw all the bells and whistles as far as midi into the DTā€¦

I was referring to the mnm :laughing:

I can understand people wanting more features implemented but some of the requests here are actually impossible to do it. Unless you can double tap similar to what you have in SRC and get into paralel menus so you can squeze more pages, the options are almost fully populated.

It would be great if you can let us know how would you concretely implement your request. Would you remove other parameters to assign your requests?

2 Likes

well the fact that Iā€™m 600 plus comments into this and only two people have asked for song mode doesnā€™t give me much hope. I pre ordered mine before it was out so there werenā€™t really any reviews or anything mentioning it doesnā€™t have a song modeā€¦ Iā€™m selling mine because without it itā€™s basically useless for what I want to do. itā€™s a great machine other than that and I still canā€™t really get my head around why no song mode or AT LEAST being able to save pattern chainsā€¦ I wouldnā€™t even call it a ā€œfeatureā€ just something any drum machine would have especially one at this price range. the most annoying thing is that other than that I really REALLY like it but no song mode = no use to me

2 Likes

Actually u can, just hold FUNC while tapping those u want to mute, turning them yellow ( trigless locks ) And turn them back on just pressing them without FUNC.
All values are kept. ( microtiming, retrig too)
To erase a trigless itā€™s FUNC+press trig

These are the features that are possibly simple to add.
Current DT architecture leaves space for this implementation.

Zoom in SRC page,
Variable width Bandpass filters,
One more reverb parameter,
FX available on Input monitoring,
sample playback loop fwd/reverse

I dont think we will have (nor should) timestrach/pitchshifting/arps/custom lfos etcā€¦
That would introduce menu diving and probably some bad UI disruptions.
DT was made for imediacy and Elektron should spend their time enahncing it on vertical axis (current features).

1 Like

Well, first and foremost the DT is a sample player just like the OT. And the latter does have an arpeggiator. Secondly, the DT is also a midi sequencer (like MD, MnM and OT) and Iā€™m pretty sure, many people are using it to drive their external gear. Hence, an arpeggiator at least on the midi tracks would be a great feature. I think you may be catching on.

2 Likes

I know it has already been discussed but BACKUP is the most urgent thing for me (along with stereo monitoring). I had to exchange my brand new digitakt (led problem on a button) and lost my first grooveā€¦
Please Elektron if you read this, Backup feature should already existā€¦

4 Likes

I disagree. I fink theyve oversimplified it a bit. access to midi lfoā€™s and timestreching would complete my world. gnomesein

1 Like

Not too many drum machines with polyphonic midi sequencers either :wink:

1 Like