The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

This has almost definitely already been requested but I would love to be able to audition a sample by using it in the current sequence. Say replacing a kick drum and being able to hear the new one instead.

1 Like

You already can.
On the src page, open the sample list by pressing the encoder., then press func+yes. You can now replace that sample while the sequencer is running and thus audition any sample you load into that slot on the fly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

am I right in thinking thereā€™s no swing per track, itā€™s per pattern?
swing per track please. unless Iā€™m missing something in the manual / interface.

You could use micro timing for this :slight_smile:

1 Like

true, or lock tracks you donā€™t want to swing by using quantize on em, then swing the rest of the tracks.

Undoubtably already mentioned, but just to push the pointā€¦

At least one more LFO, one is ok but two would be awesomenessā€¦three would be, wellā€¦:blush:
Four octaves of tune Ā± instead of two
A proper pitch envelope
More filter modes
Editable parameters for bitcrush and overdrive
Parameter locks for effects
Note values on delay time 1/8/1/4/1/4T/1/4D etc
Compressor or transient shaper type effect per track

Things that would be nice, but Iā€™d never expect to see them implemented on the Digitakt:

Loop slicing
Timestretching
Pitch shifting
Layered multiple trig conditions
BPM per track (albeit accomplishable through tedious time consuming programming already)

5 Likes

Add sample playback mode ā€œloop fwd/reverseā€ and ā€œloop reverse/fwdā€. Currently itā€™s possible to loop a sample fwd or loop a sample reverse. Iā€™d like to loop samples that go back and forth or forth and back between the start and end point. In combination with the ADSR settings this will allow to create long sounding notes from short samples that sound more natural then when looping is used.

5 Likes

Couldnā€™t you emulate this by p-locking the playback mode? Maybe use trigless trigs for this. Not sure if thatā€™ll work.

Yes Ping-Pong playback would be a good name for it!

Might be able to emulate that, but seems like a feature that reuses existing concepts and would be very beneficial.

I guess, but if itā€™s already possible with p-locks I donā€™t think theyā€™ll add it :). Would be a nice feature. Only downside would be that controll-all playback mode would be less live friendly

Improved trig less feature please.
First smooth or slide factor would really be cool ( in Trig page next to LFO.T : Param.SLiDe on/off and Speed Knob )
Secondly I noticed that when a trig less is made or recorded real time it not trig the sample actually BUT all the rest of midi notes informations at the values set in Trig page if not previously locked in every trigs : lengh, note, velocity, all that make the melody or rythm you created before (espacially for long notes) and you donā€™t want to change when you just turn one knob in live recording mode.
Btw u can create a fast pitch jump without retriggering the sample this way (fast glide) but It should be an option.
Each Trig less should by default have a ā€œnoā€ note/vel infos and inf lengh (=till next trig), or should be the same than the previous real trigger, or even kind of tie notes informations. Then u can change later if it is what you desire.

Elektron please make my/our day.

I just did a search on ping-pong in this thread, if they wonā€™t consider adding this feature we might as well kill this thread. Many people are asking for this

1 Like

I am sure this has been mentioned but anyway. It would be very usefull to be able to put a PRE_ on top of an AB, that way % based trigs microtimed on top of ABā€™s could over rule instead of crowding the space when they decide to drop.
On the subject of % trigs, I set one to 9% recently and had 6 back to back repeats at worst and quite a few doubles and triples, as well a many lengthy spells(20-30 passes) with nothing. Seemed a bit off to me, I know its random but it felt much more like it was swinging from one extreme to the other to me.

Mappable chrom keyboard YES. That would make the trick for a slicer (with same or different pitch for each key), even scale modes, key tracking filter and so onā€¦( track state changer when no midi note infos mapped, imagined that with internal midi routing and all audio tracks set to the same channel :wink: )
That the killer feature

3 Likes

Not sure if Iā€™m missing something, but it seems rather limiting to me to only allow pingpong in delay effects for patterns globally, instead of allowing pingpong delay per individual track. Would hope this is something thats being considered, plausible change, I think!

2 Likes

After buy and test Digitakt for one week , ( i m a fast learner ) i see myself in a position to say this to ELEKTRON STUFF : The Patterns are Very Limited !!!

WE NEED THIS :

Trigg Condition Patterns ,with random switch based on Fill or Probability switch , at Any point you need to change it , Quantized by the near 1/2,1/4,1/8, etc ā€¦

THANK YOU ā€¦

3 Likes

Digitakt needs a reload all temp save states command on the save menu, so when youā€™ve finished jamming and updated a few patterns you can reload all patterns to revert the one you tweaked but donā€™t want to save, before doing a project save.

Right now I have to go through every patten reloading the temp save state before I save the project :persevere:

10 Likes

+1000

I get what you meanā€¦ I am going through the same thing. but that will reload the new patterns you made as well and as a result they will revert to initial kit . Or did I get something wrong here?

It will reload all the saved states of each pattern.

So as an example lets say you have a set of four patterns.

You load the project and your jamming away changing filter setting and steps etc.

You like the changes to pattern 4 so you save that pattern with FUNC+YES (quick temp save)

Now you want to save the project again but you dont want to save all the setting changes on patterns 1-3, but you want to keep the updated pattern 4.

So you use the ā€˜Reload temp states all patternsā€™ , and this reloads the temp states of all the patterns in the project, and because you FUNC+YES temp saved pattern 4, it keeps all the edits from this jam session. Patterns 1-3 load the temp states from when you loaded the project.

Then you save, confident you havent ruined any settings on the patterns that you didnā€™t update.

Currently save project resaves every pattern :frowning:

1 Like