The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

that works for certain instances, when youve a fairly complex 8 bar trig condition pattern set up with sample loops overlapping the end and start of a pattern its fairly limiting. either you have to wait till the end of 8 bars before changing pattern (where you can cut off the sample with a plock) or you have to have a p-lock / trigless at the end of each / every other bar cutting off the sample which means you can’t have that sample overlap into the next bar. type thing.

ideally one of the 2 mute states would be a trig mute as is, and the other would be an audio mute, or something.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I thought it was TRACK + COPY to copy audio track and copy track trigs by doing FUNC + COPY in recording mode, fair enough.

1 Like

How about Trig mutes???

I would love to turn trigs on and off manually while playing live without losing all my edits and changes…

3 Likes

Found an amazing loop using Lfo to sample slot? Would you like to record that in as parameter locks. Yes please. Now the LFO is free to be used again. Xx

6 Likes

It will be awesome to add parameter locks to chromatic keyboard. For example, I want F# note to sound with reverb and echo, G note - with higher filter resonance. Or even map every key of chromatic keyboard to the different sample. I don’t know if it’s possible to achieve but it will be great feature for percussion recording.

2 Likes

Key combination for temporary turn on all conditional trigs in pattern. Sometimes you just want to hear pattern with all it’s sounds.

3 Likes

I actually had a discussion about this and recognized that this is a problem in fact … doin so with an alternative function would be great for live sequencer performing!

You can turn a trig into a trigless trig by using func+trig, it won’t play the note but remembers all locked settings. Hit the trig again to turn it into a normal trig with all the settings.

Not exactly the same but it works.

5 Likes

i would recommend saving the trigger stats and resetting them by hitting trig+no :wink:

1 Like

Special trigless locks with control commands. For example:

• play next pattern
  • play previous pattern
  • play specific pattern
  • randomly change parameter on all track’s trigs
  • reload pattern
  • play current pattern from the beginning
  • change tempo
  • transpose track
  • change track’s length
  • etc.
    Maybe it’s not even Digitakt feature, but feature for all Elektron machines. Just a fantasy.
7 Likes
  • Song mode (saving chains)
  • Kits
  • MIDI arpeggiator
  • Scale per track (clock mult/div)

These would keep me very happy if they got into the next firmware release.

4 Likes

Tons of great ideas in this thread.

One I haven’t seen:

FLANGER!

Would be an awesome addition to the send fx, perfect for dubby hihats and would help add movement to more melodic sounds.

2 Likes

How about open sourcing the code and allowing 3rd parties to release OS’s

1 Like

A sample recording option to get a perfect 1/2/3/4 bars from a recording pass.

6 Likes

Ok, this is just a thought:

live sampling into sample slots via holding a pad number “1-8” + “Direct” (Recording). This will sample and save directly the audio in into the corresponding number slot.

all parametersetting, like channelsetting for audio in etc. will be the last used. the saved sample has a presetname like “direct_sample_01”…

4 Likes

Nasty all the way here too.
Kits make sequencing multiple pattern variations a breeze

1 Like

I discovered copy/pasting patterns last night as well and it changed my world. Now the question is… is it possible to copy/paste tracks (sequence, sample(s), sound and settings all at once) within a pattern? If not, that’d be a request from me.

This woiuld be FAT

BPM detect. Perhaps choose start/end point of a loop and set the # of bars and have BPM appear.

Would be even handier if you can see the bpm change in real time as you change the pitch. This would make it easier to get samples to fit together.

3 Likes

Three additions would make the Digitakt perfect for me:

1. Very basic EQ and compression similar to the OP1. If they could somehow work in sidechaining… :hushed:
  2. More complex monitoring options. The effects sound incredible and it would be amazing to run 2 mono sounds through them.
  3. Internal MIDI routing please. Who needs LFOs when you have 8 tracks of P Locks?

Also, some more sound packs wouldn’t go amiss. :wink:

Other than that, I think the Digitakt is perhaps the most inspiring bit of kit I’ve ever laid my hands on. I prefer it infinitely more than my OP1 (a machine I wanted to love but just couldn’t).

7 Likes