The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

That’s what I want. Wanted. Requested. To be able to take notes out of the pattern. Like drop the last kick out of a loop

Then how would you transpose the keyboard? I think it would be better to have transpose available in Record mode for the track.

1 Like

Don’t know it anybody has asked about this (thread is too long to read it all)

How about a function to set conditions to all trigs globally. Just unlock the CtrlAll function for conditions. This could really add some nice controlled randomness for breaks and such… This would be awesome!

3rd this!

2 Likes

Slicing and Zoom in SCR

4 Likes

On longer samples, like pads, guitars etc, I usually set start and end point on a portion of the sample I want it to loop.

I’d like to use those start and end points to move the playhead back and forth over a sample at whatever pace I twist the knob, while it’s all playing. Right now this only works the opposite direction of the loop mode. Basically I just wanna move around the playhead inside the looping start/end points, over the sample at my own pace in both directions, not only as a live performance tool but also just for messing around “playing” the waveform using a knob (cos it’s fun and will likely spawn mucho cool noise). A trig will obviously restart the sample from the start or the end point, but that’s ok.

1 Like

Hi,

2 days ago I received the digitakt and so far I really like it but i miss the slicing feature its very crucial for my workflow.

I know nobody can foresee the future but this is my first electron machine and maybe some OG Elektron user can tell me from experience if it is possible to receive such an important feature in the upcoming OS or is electron a “only fixing bugs” company without adding big features because they don’t want OT and DT overlapping too much ? If that is the case I have to return my unit…unfortunately

get an Octatrack - Period! The Digitakt was never meant to have Slicing, the Octatrack is meant for such applications. Therefore: To 99,99% its absolutely certain that the Digitakt will never get this feature!

Jammed away, far to late, one the DT tonight. Had what I think would be a good idea regarding the encoders. What if by pressing and turning you would be able to set a limit for the encoders value without changing the value itself. Then when just turning the encoder it would not go past the limit. That way you could do accurate tuning etc when performing live if you, like me, like to get a little funky with the SRC section while stuff is running.

Apologies in advance if someone already had this idea. This thead is getting crazy long.

sounds like you basically request a Performance Mode, because this is what the Performances on the Rytm and the Analog Four can do :slight_smile: As well as the Scenes on the OT. At least you can use them that way :wink: Encoder Limit would be cool, indeed. I often overdo stuff with CTRL-ALL - not a bad idea to be able to set limits. But i fear that we dont get this :-/ Like all these Feature Requests. Im almost sure that we wont get them :wink:

1 Like

ok i dont know if anyone has gotten to this one yet but how about… a ‘16 levels’ mode that will interpolate the value of some parameter of your choice across 16 keys? or maybe a few parameters at once? this way you can ‘perform’ your parameter locks in real time rather than add them later. so you can figure out what you want before you play it in? maybe theres a way already? wouldnt want to use up a mod routing unnecessarily!

1 Like

My current wishlist:

• Selectable scale per MIDI track (like the A4)
  • Trig condition for last cycle (i.e., last loop before program change in sequential mode after next program is selected)
  • Program change message sent without requiring a note on message in MIDI sequencer (not sure if this is a bug, actually)

heres a few fun LFO modifications that’d be fun (let me know if they already exist and ive somehow missed them)…

1. under LFO mappings, if we could map both start and loop (as of now we can do start, end, loop pos i beilive) so that the loop could travel across a long sample
  2. Be able to set LFO to sync to tempo
  3. Choose between freerunning and retrig LFO
  4. it’d be nice to have some sort of counter telling you where exactly you are in a pattern (what bar in the entire thing). Lets say track
1 Like

1 - currently only 1 x parameter to the lfo …
2 - use a 1bpm, 2bpm etc , and theyre syncd i think , try speed at 1 , 2 etc.
3 - i think i set a set trig to retrigger the lfo , it generally confuses me though
if you turn off default lfo trig on the trig page , set the lfo type to trig , and on any particular step PLOCK the lfo trig to LFT.T on, it may do what you need.
4 - the step and page led’s help , the step led’s do show you which step it playing on and page if you have pattern which is longer than 16 steps.

ROUTE MIDI TO SELF
Currently, a lot of people are using a MIDI cable to connect Digitakt’s MIDI out to its own input. This unlocks some powerful features, including multiple sequencer tracks per sample, MIDI LFOs, etc. It would be extremely nice to be able to do this without a cable. My idea is that you could press the encoder on the MIDI Channel parameter to turn on SELF routing instead of output routing. When SELF is active, an S would appear next to the channel number (i.e. “1S”) and that track will not send MIDI to the main hardware output.

CTRL-ALL MIDI
Why would you want this? Well, it could be very useful for transposing every MIDI track simultaneously. With one knob turn, you could transpose your entire composition.

QUICKER MIDI UNLOCKING
The current process for enabling every CC knob is tedious. Can there be a shortcut for quickly unlocking all eight knobs?

MIDI RETRIGGER
I know that this has been requested many times, but I’m just adding my support for this :slight_smile:

REPLACE THE SECOND LEVEL CONTROL
I suppose this would be impossible without breaking current projects. I don’t understand the purpose of the second LEVEL parameter on each sample’s page. I figured that one LEVEL would be pre-Bitcrush and the other post-, but this doesn’t appear to be the case. It seems to be an odd redundancy. Am I missing something here?

PING-PONG LOOP MODE
This would be a fun option for the sampler. The looped region would play forwards, then backwards, then forwards…

6 Likes

Re. 1 - leave loop dial at max and instead use length to set the loop, then it will travel across the sample as the lfo modulates the start point. ( the length value is remains relative to the start point)

If you check out cenk’s demo videos thats how he does the granular stuff afair.

3 Likes

SEND SAMPLE AS SDS
This would enable use of the Digitakt as a sidekick for RYTM MkI users to sample on the Digitakt and then send it to the RYTM

5 Likes

thanks much for pointing that out!!! i dont know how i missed it…

1 Like

Ping pong loop mode would be great!!

1 Like

don’t worry… it confused me for a while too… i always think of loop points as being relative to the start, but on the DT they are the distance from the end point (for a sustaining sounds approach I guess)