The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

• Polyphonic tracks, or at least a polymux feature that allocates incoming midi notes from one channel to consecutive tracks (midi channels) on the Digitakt (like the Midipal Midi Dispatcher app)
• Scale function for keys (like on the Beatstep and Electribe)
• Arpeggiator per track

This is really must-have features for beat making powerhouse :totes:

A song mode ffs!

2 Likes

•Zoom tools for the SRC wavesample screen like their is on the DIRECT wavesample screen. It’s guess work when trying to do really fine adjustments on the attack of a clap or snare drum for example.

•Song mode

•Crossfade looping

•A multi-velocity mode that is initiated similar to the chromatic mode. Essentially an MPC-esque feature. Would make for quick velocity work in the absence of velocity sensitive buttons. Go to each step and adjusting volume is cool, but not as efficient.

3 Likes

There’s a big cavity inside the DT box, could easily fit a battery!

3 Likes

Definitely MIDI track scaling and retrig.
I stupidly thought this was already in there so was a bit disappointed
Also, retrig on a knob on the TRIG page would be good use for the two unused areas
But then again it will take up the space for what could be used as a “sidechain trig” for the buss compressor :wink:

Breing able to internally route MIDI tracks would be amazing also, Basically MIDI stuff, it seems a little undercooked right now, but I have faith this will be the only MIDI sequencer I’ll need.

3 Likes

I thought this too. Say sample an F, select from a list of scales and then the 16 keys are assigned to F Dorian for example. That would be an brilliant feature.

1 Like

5 octaves on the audio tracks. I’m so used to having the start octave being say C3 and from there being able to go 2 octaves down and 2 octaves up (on certain gear like grooveboxes and whatnot). I constantly run into the issue of not reaching those few higher notes, in the chromatic mode, that would feel so really super awesome and…just…really great and sweet to reach. Like releasing a fart you unknowingly built up for days and after suddenly feeling like you just dropped a 10kg rock. Makes sense right? Digitakt devs, just try it, you’ll see! :thumbsup:

1 Like

Request for saving MidiTracks (all the configurations… CC numbers etc. …) I would have expected this already as it´s not very usable to have to assign all that stuff again and again. could be saved into the soundpool… where it has something like “*mid” added to show its distinction to Audiotracks.

Filterpage Val1 - Val2: would be awesome if val1- val2 where renameable… so i can name an encoder for exampel dcy instead of val, which doesn´t help much.

that would be two things to really improve the midi-workflow in my opinion and give a much better feedback on whats going on.

3 Likes

my request is waveform zoom in the SRC Page 2.
Dunno how it could even be accomplished,
But it sure would be great.

7 Likes

This could be a fun mod project, put a charge port in the back and a power patch point that you plug a small patch cord to the power port

press: SRC + arrow up/down would be a feasable way IMO.
respectivly SRC + arrow left/right and the above one for a vertical zoom-In,
which is also much missed on the sample-rec page.

4 Likes

again:

press: BANK
wish: show me which Banks have content and which do not !!
such basic yet needed functionality. strange one

1 Like

Ability to delete folders even if there are samples in them,
Ability to move folders.
Overall better sample manager
Ability to use FX on Audio IN

7 Likes

Hopefully the master section will have something akin to the A4 performance mode or the OT scenes. Basically the ability to map multiple parameters to one knob. This kind of thing is sorely missing from a performance perspective right now.

2 Likes

+1
Bandpass at least.

6 Likes

Midi arpeggiator! And 8 note polyphony would be sweet…but dreams are made of sweets…who am i to disagre?

2 Likes

I want comb filter.

3 Likes

who doesn’t?

1 Like

the most, I meant. Very interesting things would happen when combined with the DT’s granular abilities I think.

3 Likes