The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Well don’t use it then.

Hey, please, enough with acid answers, no need for this. Such kind of attitude just doesn’t belong here.

Don’t forget that each time you speak, you set a tone for this place, a track others will tend to follow.

It’s better IMHO to find alternatives to convince the people you don’t agree with.

E.g. "an alternative to song mode has already been proposed. It’s based on setting a midi loop and dedicating a midi track to pattern chaining. "(Citation needed)

:nosey:

4 Likes

No acid intended, sorry if came across otherwise mate.

He doesn’t want to use pattern chaining, then don’t use it. Doesn’t bother me either way. Something might come in an update (and hence good idea to raise and discuss here) but then again, might not.

i run out of locks after 5 tracks, IF i don´t just do some basic beats AND do p-lock samples also .
that was without using fill-triggs and anyway no midi/mdi2CV. ( happened to me in all my first DT sessions)
assoon as one begins to p-lock the samples itself quite extensively will you also be forced to lock another bucnh of parameters at the same time to make the sample locks really “worthful”.
yes, totally timeconsuming to start from scratch with just the noise sample. :wink:
but i couldn´t have learned more with the DT than in my last few days just working my way up from the audio-input Noise.
a greatly recommended experience :wink:

not sure if this has been answered or not, but if you are using pattern mutes it will, but if you have global mutes on it will not load them.

1 Like

I do want to use it, otherwise I wouldn’t care.
I understand that some musicians won’t need to chain patterns. I myself would probably play it that way sometimes.
This is not the issue.
Let’s not pretend that not having the ability to chain patterns on a 2017 hardware sequencer is normal.
It is not. That is what they do. Even the old Electribe ESX could do that. Even my DSI Tempest, which is still an unfinished product, can do that.
I wish to stress that this isn’t a small technical niggle.
It is a problem that needs to be fixed, regardless of who uses song mode or not.

2 Likes

Normal or not, that’s the Digitakt way for now. Agreed would be useful (or essential) for some, personally I don’t think I’d ever use it and would rather the devs concentrated on other improvements. Does the Electribe 2 have pattern mode? Genuine question - it definitely didn’t when released.

1 Like

FUNC + Save project double tap for force Yes on all options instead of pressing when asked.

even quicker quick save.

ability to see velocity or selectable parameter via step brightness .

so i could easily see (if i selected note) which steps are normal (mid tone) pitched up (brighter) pitched down (darker).

Not sure if a bug or feature request : When selecting a chain you see the chain build from left to right at the top of the screen but once that line of text is full you can’t see anything you’re adding to the chain even though it does get added and will play.

Would be better if that chain text scrolls so that you can always see the end of the line as you build the chain.

And as others have requested the ability to save a chain/song would be amazing. Not really sure why that feature doesn’t exist when you can sequence so much on this great little machine.

3 Likes

+1 for the chain scrolling feature, you really should be able to see the chain as you build it

2 Likes

The plan was to use the Digitakt Live as my drum machine (my current main drum machine is an original Machinedrum). I also play guitar and sing, so I can’t be messing around with pressing buttons to change patterns.

I thought about getting a Rytm, but I really like the sound of the DT, and how compact it is. Elektron also said that they would provide us with a usable alternative to not having a song mode.

Tech 21 MIDI mouse is a foot switch that sends program change, and has a visual program # readout.
Ideal for changing patterns on a DT while your hands are already occupied.
They run about $70 on the second hand market and are built like tanks.

2 Likes

Thx for the tip, but honestly I don’t want to be focused on clicking a footswitch every 15-30 seconds when I’m doing a show. There’s really no reason this capability shouldn’t already be in the box, other than trying to steer people to the more expensive Rytm II.

option for stepped and smooth interp between trigs on recorded automation.
stepped sounds COOL, but not always wanted. REALLY messes things up when I’m sweeping the cutoff

urgent request from me for smooth automation as well! as already said… stepped “can” be interesting,
but if i want to record smooth cutoff-changes, the automation as it is by now doesn´t give any pleasant results. latest device where i experienced smooth automation was the novation circuit.

I think this one should be realistic:

The master page:
add a second level of all track volume adjustments activated when FILL is on.
kind of a “Fill scene” with added Volume adjustment to that “Fill-Scene” that we allready have.
[ command: Page + LFO ]
PLEASE

and ofcourse: visual feedback for “FILL-triggs” and the sequenzers running light to be seen when FILL is pressed.
REALLY

I don’t have a DT but always curious about anything with an electrical heartbeat that omits noise.
I couldn’t help but notice people complaining that the DT can’t do this or that, and an example being save pattern chains.
When you purchased the product was it an advertised function, or proposed to be implemented by Elektron in a future OS update?
Maybe it was, maybe it wasn’t, I dont have a clue of the answers personally, but if the answer is no to both of the above, then you have no right to expect it to offer these desired functions, at any point in time of the products lifespan.
Of course you can request it though.
It may be an obvious omission to some, but you need to only buy a product on what is labelled on the tin, as well as what has also been proposed by the manufacturer in the products future OS road map, at point in time of purchase

2 Likes
  • Track Time Multiplier would really be helpful with creating longer loops for sequenced midi (especially pads).
  • Being able to zoom while adjusting sample start and end under SRC. I downloaded the Mobub sounds and finding the perfect start point for a kick in a sample with several of them can be a pain.
  • Auditioning a trig rather than wait for it to come back around
  • Viewing how much memory is left on the device…
7 Likes

zero cross-fade loop points would be very welcome whenst makin synths out of sounds. them damn clicks are doin mi nut so they are :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

When switching patterns via midi program change it would be nice if the Digitakt displayed the upcoming pattern via flashing on the LCD (like it currently does when switching a pattern manually). Thanks!

1 Like