The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Simple feature: An option to loop the preview when trimming sample. Pretty essential.

Also, this would be absolutely brilliant: MIDI Control over sampling start/stop.

1 Like

Me too!

Hey, my old avatar is in there!

1 Like

A tuner would be a cool additionā€¦ Iā€™ve been using mine for a couple weeks now and when I take small pieces of samples and play them chromatically to make either melodies of bass linesā€¦ would be nice to know Iā€™m in tuneā€¦ been doing it by ear but would love to know for sureā€¦

6 Likes

Some kind of fast multiple sampling mode. Like Microsampler/Mpc live/push. For fast multiple cuts from one audio stream. Hold individual pads to gate sampling on/off. Options for ā€˜automatically assign to pad/s usedā€™ or ā€˜assign after sampling processā€™ etc.

ā€œTRK + uTimeā€ to change microtimining of whole track (today u could change timing per trig or choose trigs to adjust, better to have a quick change of whole track to get that groove!)

4 Likes

I spent last evening sampling some vinyl into the Digitakt. It sounds great :slight_smile:

However, I quickly ran in to personal workflow issues. When a sample is recorded straight into the Digitakt you have to trim/edit the sample straight away before recording another one.

It would be really cool to be able to sample, save, sample, save etc. and then come back to the raw sample files and be able to edit them at another time (create hits/slices etc.). Also it would be really cool to be able to zoom in and perhaps re-edit a sample once it has been loaded to the project. Zooming in on the waveform when the sample is loaded to track via SRC would also be helpful to better set start and end points with more granularity.

All in all I am having a great time with the Digitakt. I havenā€™t felt this inspired with standalone hardware since the OP-1 (by the way they are now best friends). The Digitakt sound engine is remarkably good and musical. My favourite Elektron machine yet (I own A4 and Rytm) :smiley:

11 Likes

I think others have also requested this. A way to open existing samples in the editor where you can zoom and chop. I hope they add this.

3 Likes

Ah yeah. I had a feeling that someone else had requested. I hope so too! It would be awesome :smiley:

Yeah! I think after the bugs are squashed they can do this ā€œeasilyā€. Like track button + sampler button opens the editor in a way you can load existing samples.

Has been mentioned already probably, but please please please add solid sidechain compression. Also assignable to the audio input.

5 Likes

Totally agree on getting more lfoā€™s. But Iā€™m not expecting it.

Iā€™m spoiled on the Monomachine with 3 lfoā€™s per track and a dedicated delay engine per track. One lfo doesnā€™t seem enough, though on the DT it forces me to be less lazy and p-lock panning rather than assigning an lfo to it.

On the Monomachine itā€™s also great to use and lfo to control another lfo. But we can do that on the DT too with the loopback. But yes, more lfoā€™s and filter models would be sweet. I really miss a bandpass/notch filter.

Iā€™m not a midi master but shouldnā€™t we be able to use the midi thru to connect other gear when using the loopback? All midi out thats going back into the DT will also go out over the thru port. Unless Iā€™m mistaken!

1 Like

Yep, thatā€™s how it works with OT. In most cases you need a merger or midi hub if you want to get other external midi into DT at the same time thoughā€¦

Thanks for clarifying!

In my scenario I would just want to send midi notes to different channels from the DT. Sequencing from the DT. Iā€™m not going to sequence or control the DT from other devices. But that wonā€™t apply to everybody here.

Iā€™m planning to DIY some midi fader/knob box though, so then I do need midi in. Might as well make a splitter/merger too. Itā€™s not too hard and the parts and Piā€™s are cheap (and versatile: Zynthian!).

1 Like

I was using dt to sequence Avalon baseline tonight and it worked well for triggering note slides. Just extend the length of note past 1 to slide to the Next step. Presumably length = amounts of step though I havenā€™t checked the manual.

Lfo was sweeping the filter and triggerless trig triggering modulation envelope via conditional trig thing.

3 Likes

I think note slides can be done on a sample while itā€™s being used as oscillator. Like single cycle slides. Maybe Simon said something about it if I remember right. I think he mentioned doing slides using lfoā€™s. Iā€™m brand new to Elektron sequencers so if I set an lfo to pitch right now Ill get vibrato.

For midi sequencing, a drum menu would be cool so that you could use 1 midi track for a single drum machine without plocking notes for a more imidiate drum experience.

Not sure, how it would look like thb. I gues it would have some p locking involves but it would be nicer to have the drumnotes scattered over the encoders instead of having to scroll through the note calues to gind the one that corresponds to a kick/snare

1 Like

Retrig on midi notes.
Noticed last night you can only nudge timing.

No crashes last night using midi & sync OUT. I guess anything in might be buggy.

Use chromatic mode ?
Set steps for each sound and copy / paste
Use 16 sample slots for a 16 step pattern and sequence them in sample view ?