The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Choke groups (at least four if possible). I’m loving the live unquantized record mode at the moment, but lack of choke groups is a bit of a hassle.

2 Likes

Clear automation without having to clear the whole track unless I’m missing something.

1 Like

Poramento for better monosynth leads

7 Likes

that battery pack and slicing and I’m good

plus one on portamento

2 Likes

Absolutely loving my Digitakt so far, here are some features that would be great to see in it in the future:

1. Some kind of compressor and/or sidechain functionality
  2. Ability to trim/chop existing samples from sample browser. (I realize that internal resampling can be used for this purpose, but it’s not very time-efficient)
  3. Ability to set musical scales for midi tracks or for chromatic mode in general

How about the ability to zero a region of a sample - so that recorded loops with an added click at the start to hit the threshold can be tidied up without having to do trial and error on loop start points.

1 Like

Or even some kind of click/pops reduction per track option. I use Waves ‘X’ plugs in daw for this sometimes (like if I missed some clicks in a vocal/drums comp or something) and it doesn’t hit my cpu at all. Ive kinda grown to like the OT pops/clicks that sometimes seem unavoidable but options to tame them sometimes would be great too. Or maybe DT already has some of this kind of stuff going on under the hood? I haven’t used one yet.

1 Like

it’s a bit of a pity DT doesn’t have timestreching aka ableton warping style vibes for loops. I know. it’s been said before, but I agree.

1 Like

I was hella vocal about my feeling on them skipping timestrech and slices on DT. But it looks a lot of fun for what it does do and I guess in relative terms the price balances out with their current range. Still might grab one once bugs are ironed out.

I’ve been using OT a ton lately, there’s your answer if you want the other stuff :wink:

on the other boxes you realtime clear for only the duration of the wipe by pressing Reload/No+EncoderPush … so the chosen encoder[s] would have their values/locks erased back to current dial position … you erase as much as you want in real time and you’ll hear the outcome on the next pass … there’s also a way on those boxes to erase all automation but leave notes intact with Fn+No in realtime rec mode (another duration wipe erase, but for all locks)

For individual trigs in grid mode you can also hold trigs and press clear[play] and that will erase all locks on that trig[trigs] … this all in addition to the trig +encoder_push to reset an individual lock back to the current value

May not apply, possibly not yet at any rate and it may well be intended behaviour and presently a little buggy, but I imagine the manual will cover all of this

1 Like

true true, and it’s not like I don’t love it to bits anyways. but with OB it’s nearly 900 euro. not exactly bargain town cheap innit.
still fukit, onwards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I didn’t see it in the manual, but may have overlooked it. I’ll give it a try.

I was typing in a reply to this thread when the doorbell went and it was UPS delivering my Digitakt :smiley:

Time stretching - yeah, would be nice but I’d sacrifice that in favour of simplicity and from what I’ve seen so far this is the simplest Elektron device to use.

1 Like

Pattern level mutes on the quick mute.
The option to load the last saved or the last state of a pattern when going back to that pattern.
A frickin’ solo command.

1 Like

I would love the function button to allow a fast scroll through whole numbers on the tune encoder instead of just max and min, pushing the encoder in is too difficult for fast accurate selections and it would be so much nicer for live tweaking.

1 Like

SOLO!!! yes please.

Sometimes you just want that kick and nothing else…

5 Likes

Kind of strange… The midi implementation chart has solo (CC 93) but no button combination on the Digitakt hardware… I’m guessing it’s on the way in a future firmware.

1 Like

Interesting! So in theory, one could solo an audio track by unmuting a midi track routed back into the machine!

Yes probably.