The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

The Easy Sampling is the USP on Digitakt so please @Elektron devs keep the good times rolling here with “Sample To…” x bars/beats, synced start, auto slice :slight_smile: etc

You boys nailed it so far.

4 Likes

Tag menu should be available when storing sounds with export…

Couldn’t agree more. Something like a dotted line between or a reversed out left section for the level area would do wonders for my brain.

2 Likes

A way to see how much space you’re using/got left on the +Drive would be nice.

8 Likes

Nice one, not even AR can do this IIRC

Reberb / Delay send for the external inputs. That can’t be hard to implement, can it?

Would make it so much more useful as a central hub.

4 Likes

Yes! A million times YES!

A way to enable metronome just for preroll/count in. It’s kind of annoying to have to jump into the metronome menu to turn it off after you have recorded something.

3 Likes

Love the unit so far, a few tweaks & bug fixes & i’ll love it even more.

1. I’d like to be able to purge all unused samples from Ram, as my 2000xl. :slight_smile:

2. Improved file management, can’t see an easy way to drop a bunch of samples into a folder

3. Additional features in the master page, panning, compressor, 3+ band EQ? Otherwise not much point to go here.

4. Bit reduction sounds like it could be improved, e.g SP1200, Logic bit reduction, D16 etc…

5. Ability to view & manage file structure as drive on Mac + PC.

Thanks guys!

2 Likes

yeah agreed found myself trying to adjust with the wrong knobs several times…

1 Like

A gated key mode like you see on Juno 106 would be nice

Midi retrig
Midi arpeggiator (OT transplant would suffice)

parameter jumps in logical (musical) steps -> func+knob for music dependend parameters (ie delay time)
parameter jumps in whole steps (or greater) -> func+(press)knob

as tested so far (not quite sure): page menu (track length) should be available in chromatic mode on midi tracks. For now I have to quit chormatic mode to get access. Somtimes I need to know on which page I place the notes.

1 Like

I honestly prefer this idea over having to manage sliced samples

3 Likes

Suggestions : update retrigger length option

Put 1/1 , 1/16 1/24 grouped together and then numerical values together , at the moment the values I typically want are hidden in the 0 to 100(or whatever the top value is ) and it’s a little tricky to dial in

Also make the trigger interval a little less sensitive as it’s also a little tricky to get the value I want.

Overall I like the numerical stuff but also like the fractional way it’s represented. All suitable dials should be consistent throughout the ui.

3 Likes

Sample zoom here would be very useful

4 Likes

Definitely. The common (rational) time divisions should all be grouped first, with the decimal values afterwards! This applies elsewhere too from memory.

2 Likes

That’s where I noticed it, really irritating and especially painful when you hold down the encoder to get back to the values you want and it snaps to the values you describe!

Real Time Time Stretch and something :smiley:

2 Likes

Possibly nothing. There are quite a few “machines” on the AR that have less than 8 parameters (see screenie below). I wouldn’t be surprised if these stayed inactive.