The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

that’s pretty clever!

Hi there Elektron scientists! Another request !!!

I would like to be able to scrub through sampling content.

Like when you just sampled some random piece of audio and are looking for the chunks of pure gold (when trimming down) Would it be possible to use for example ‘knob G’ to move the selection around (playhead/markers/selection) and scrub through the sample this way to haunt down other nice artifacts???

That would be so neat. and a real timesaver too
(or is this function maybe already in there somewhere?)

(already enjoying de 'Takt so much just fiddling and playing around with random content. Its like an oldskool hiphop collage, f*n awesome!)

Let the sample digging adventures begin!

1 Like

Nice one. I’m dumb and would have never thought of that

Not in the latest update but want bad …

step preview
MIDI retrigger

4 Likes

I love the idea of step preview (as cenk suggested for DT a long time ago) but I still have no idea if it exists in any other Elektron gear…? It’s not on my DT or AK…?

2 Likes

Ir doesn’t existence afaik…
But it would be great

New update is great! some features really needed to be tweaked. 2 things that would change my world:

MIDI retrig
MIDI tracks should preview with the cord its programmed with. In other words; if I have track 9 setup with a cord as the overall “note” to be played when i press track 9, it will play the chord instead of the root note of the chord in question (this really just seems like an oversight). I really want to be able to play tracks 9-16 as if they were different cords going to the same device. As of right now, this can only be done with a sequenced track and not “played” by me.

3 Likes

At this point my biggest request, and it’s been said before, is better sample management…

6 Likes

Is there a way, when i’m in sequencer stepmode recording, to shift the pattern around? (Digitakt/Digitone/Keys)

Sometimes when messing about i come up with something nice that starts halfway a sequence and i need to copy/paste trigs one by one to get it to start on the first count.

So a ‘SHIFT/CYCLE PTN’ left/right would come in handy?

It would also do wonders when figuring out tight polyrhythms, with the new scale track feature and all.

(throwing the entered trigs around, with their conditions, in a random fashion, somewhat like the new randomize page function? Dont you just love those happy accidents and glitches)

2 Likes

I think you can do that with FUNC + L/R

2 Likes

AWESOME!
Thanks, appreciated

As original post suggests:
Some kind of midi learn would speed things up heaps :slight_smile:
And audio FX pass through - why can’t it do this?

still its an awesome machine anyway.

2 Likes

Use the performance of the digitakt effects in the audio input
in order to modify a signal or an external source.

Something super minor :

Can we get a little more volume range for the metronome sound? I like it to tear my eardrum apart when I’m finger drumming, and I currently find it to be quite low even at max volume.

Thank youuu<3

7 Likes

Put me down as another advocate for step/trig preview.

I really think all of the Elektron boxes would benefit from having it. This would definitely be yet another game-changing addition for the Digitakt with production-based sample manipulation - especially since it seems like true sample slicing feels like a long shot for the Digitakt. But it would be almost as amazing for all of the other Elektron boxes as well.

2 Likes

The latest update 1.11 - Wow! Really happy Elektron still does what it did back in time when we only had the MD and MM. But when do we finally have an EQ per track?
I really hope this is something they can add soon, as this is still my no1. on the wishlist.
2nd is Multimapmode like on the Digitone.

6 Likes

Yes an eq per track will be great

2 Likes

Did you try func + left/right arrow keys in grid recording mode? (I think it’s per track though)

1 Like

Lauli helped me out there earlier on, but thank you for your reply also.
Yes i believe it’s only per track, but already saves a lot of copy/pasting Trigs around and avoids getting tangled up. Cheers!

1 Like

I´m 1800 posts+ behind with reading,
but i´m shure you guys created here in the menatime a camper with full kitchen, shower and toilett, plus a nice doll out of the DT

:lol:

1 Like