The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

That app stopped working because the developer stopped updating it and sort of disappeared from the interwebs.

Midi LFOs would not be transmitted until the sequencer is running. Please :pray:

5 Likes

Apologies if mentioned before (surely they have been).

1. Input monitoring in stereo routed to the master compressor (Is it even possible?). The DN can do it, surely the DT can too with an update. Make it similar to the AR. PLEASE!

2. SAMPLE MANAGER! Having to make meticulous hand written notes of every sample assigned to every trig is ridiculous. There must be a better way.

3 Likes

Digitakt MK2 with stereo samples, pitch and time & song mode. The crossbreed between Digitakt & Octratrack.
I donā€™t have much hope for any significant updates to the current one.

2 Likes

Would prefer they finished the Digitakt before even entertaining the idea of a Mk2.
Not everyone has ā‚¬700-800 to drop on a new machine, especially when the Digitakt is so close to being completed.

It would really feel like abandoning their current user-base and a bit of a cash grab tbh!

9 Likes

an update with stereo samples and song modeā€¦ a dream :slight_smile: but I would have a big suprise soon, Iā€™m waiting the next update

1 Like

Saving patterns with sounds . Is it possible on octatrack?

The only thing I really long for is xfade looping, being able to scan through the file in a granular way would be fantastic. Itā€™s only really useful for glitchy stuff currently. Or just to discover an interesting oscillator Through exploring a waveform. Iā€™m quite surprised itā€™s not there really.

1 Like

No it doesnā€™t do it, you only have 4 parts per bank which contain everything including scenes except the pattern.

I want a dual cold fire processor conversion kit. ā€¦ :massage_man:t2:

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying to use the digitakt with a guitar, I bought an analog drive pedal which is pretty niceā€¦ I can control and sequence parameters of the analog drive with one of the midi channels. Very cool. Seymour duncan makes a few delay/reverb pedals that have a midi input. They are kind of expensive though.

Anyway, with the lack of money in my life, I was thinking it would be nice to route the inputs on the digitakt directly to one of the sample tracks - instead of playing a sample, it could directly process an input making it a sequencer/effects processorā€¦?

I tried looking for repeats but this thread is enormousā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d prefer more updates to the current one too, but as Iā€™ve understood thereā€™s not many CPU cycles left to do much. So my wishes for the Digitakt must probably come in an MK2 with upgraded HW instead.
Btw, what do you consider not finished on the current one? Except for OB still being in beta of course.

1 Like

It has poor sample management and backup, which considering the small memory capabilites is a real drag on the otherwise fast intuitive workflow.

2 Likes

What I (and presumably after the reading the thread, many others) would consider necessary to finish Digitakt:

• Mod/Pitch response
  • Bandpass/Notch filter
  • Glide / Portamento
  • Song mode
  • Ability to modify or switch off Sample Normalization post-record
  • Ability to apply internal FX to incoming external signal
  • Internal Midi Loopback (without cable)
  • 100% Wet FX
  • some sort of Arpegiator (maybe just me?)

CPU Cycles is a bit of a misnomer, as everything isnā€™t always running all of the time.
As a software dev, I do appreciate there are limits with what they can do with their current architecture/chipset though.

• Glide/Portamento/Mod/Pitch are quite standard in other midi devices. Honestly bad oversight to not include these, as pretty much every midi device over 200ā‚¬ has them implmented.
  • Bandpass/Notch Filter is an extension of the existing LP/HP Filter. Again, not exactly groundbreaking territory.
  • Midi loopback is something people do anyway, just the whole ā€œPress stop twice and dieā€ part is quite a peeve, also it means losing midi input/out ports. Would be great to do this internally and free up those ports for other stuff.

The other items above are quite frequently requested. Iā€™m sure if there was some discussion around the features that a happy compromise could be worked out that would keep Digitakt users happy.
For example, people have already stated theyā€™d be happy to lose an audio track or 2 in order to process an external signal via the internal FX and have it routed out through the master output.

14 Likes

Aside from individual track lengths, I think this pretty sums up the thread. Hopefully @Ess or @Olle take note :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This surely has been stated before :

Using the left/right arrow to move between sequencer pages for playback purpose. Being able to start playback from any of the 4 pages would be awesome. Having to wait for 64 steps at a 70 tempo each time you wanna check the end of your sequence can be frustrating sometimes. :slight_smile: That means we would need to have the current active page displayed somewhere on the screen, but there should be some room for it!

Currently these arrows let you temporarily change the tempo which is not something a lot of people are using I think (or do they?). Actually you could imagine keeping this function when the sequencer running only.

Just a thought!

7 Likes

100_1000

That will be great if new capability of sampling port
could be int (LR) + ext (LR)

and Transpose please

2 Likes

I personally want Stereo sampling and band/notch filter.
When you want the features of the new 1010 Blackbox for the same price as the DT, I think nobody will buy a DT now. Elektron need to improve the beast!

2 Likes

Kit capability would be great. Indeed, the manual of DT speak about kits and it isnā€™t coherent not find this on it.

3 Likes

Import of patterns + samples in new projects directly from DT. Went to build a live set with previously made beats from older projects and realized this isnā€™t possible.

3 Likes