The different MachineDrums?

I’m so happy for you! The machine drum is, in my opinion, the best drum machine! See you down the rabbit hole! :heart:

4 Likes

oh it’s a lot of fun! I can’t believe I got it for this price though, it feels like a steal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

MD MK2, non-UW is arguably the best value drum synth available. I miss mine from time to time.

Enjoy!

6 Likes

good call. on the purchase @khaled

hard to find MD’s in pristine condition! most the ones I see pop up for a good price are pretty beaten up.

They definitely don’t pop up THIS cheap anymore. I found a MK2 non-uw that was tried for a few minutes and put away for $600 CAD a couple years ago and felt like i committed robbery :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi there!

i want to buy a machinedrum, but i don’t know which one.

i found an offer for the machinedrum SPS-1 MkI nonUW for about 600 € and another offer
for the machinedrum SPS-1 MKII UW+ for 1000 €.

Which one should i get? Or shoud i get none of it and wait for another offer instead?

Thank you, your help will be highly appreciated!

What do you want to do?

2 Likes

@PeterHanes
Programming and effecting Drums (using samples and the synthezis), sequencing and effecting hardware gear (synths), jam with it, process samples, record it into ableton… i don’t know, stuff like that haha

what do you have in mind? what would be impossible/hard to do, if i would get the MkI nonUW?

Thank you so much for your fast answer!

Is it right, that i cannot sample with the mkI nonUW version? But would 1000 € be a fair price for the mkII UW+?

depends on what you want. imo the UW resampling with the ram machines is epic. tho if you get stuck in to modulating the effects n ctrl-all/8 etc with the ctrl machines the non uw is still a beast.

to really get either of em singing… utilise the lfo’s, all the different ctrl machines, and (if UW) resampling.

a non uw which is being used to its fullest (utilising all its amazing modulation capabilities) can sound vastly better than a uw which isn’t being used to its fullest imo.
the uw resampling is just another string to its bow which can liven up a pattern.
(not to mention you can load samples into the uw from a computer).

1000€ is a fair price for a mk2 uw+ of its in good condition. seems the standard price for em nowadays.
600€ is a fair price for a mk2 non uw.
is the uw worth the extra cash? only you can answer that. those prices seem normal tho.

[edit: in error I thought you said MKTWO non uw] my mistake. I’d say 600 is expensive for an mk1 non uw. that would be about 450 euro in my perfect world]

2 Likes

I’d definitely recommend the mk2 UW.

For the extra 400 you get an additional 32 steps, sampling and +drive(for samples and different projects/snapshots)

Plus there’s been some reports of the power supply being difficult to replace if the original defects

2 Likes

If it is in good shape, and you really want one, get it :slight_smile:

If you regret it, you can sell it again, for the same price or a small loss.

To me, there is so much fun to be had with the real-time sampling.

Good luck with the purchasing.

Kind regards

Thomas

2 Likes

Thank you guys so much for your answers!

i think i’ll get the MkII UW! thanks for the tips!

@synthbie ,

that’s also a good point! :slight_smile:

Cheers! :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, i found another offer:

SPS-1 UW MkI (no Drive+) also for 600€.

Woud y’all still recommend to get a MKII UW+ for 1000 €?

hm :roll_eyes:
:confused: mk1 UW 600$ is pretty cool…

1 Like

@Chancla would you choose it?
Thank you!

In France we can find MKII UW+ around 800€.
I found one at 600€ as new, but I guess I was lucky.

1 Like

i think you were definitely lucky lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The MKI only has 32 steps. The MKII has 64.

edit: As Ryan previously mentioned. I guess that would be my deciding factor though, how long do you want your patterns and how much do you want to spend? I’d go for the UW MKII+ personally. In fact, I did!

1 Like

I’m a person which is really undecidedl :sweat_smile:
Yes I think.
Maybe it depend of your setup.
What do you normally use ? :slight_smile:

The MKII UW+ is the maxxed out version. There’s no better one to get. So if you like it, it’s a keeper.

1 Like