[ The BITWIG Thread ] v3 Coming!

I think I just not understood :slight_smile:
What extension you’re talking about ?

paying about €10 each month to stay updated

There’s not suscription like a rental monthly or I miss something ?
or it’s just you divided the upgrade price by 12 :slight_smile:

The extension of your upgrade plan. You can buy and activate an upgrade plan at any time and it will just add 12 more months to your upgrade plan.

For example, suppose your current upgrade plan is active until Sep 1, 2019 and you buy an upgrade plan today for €129 (they’re having a sale), then your upgrade plan will be active until Sep 1, 2020.

There’s no monthly fee; that’s just what you end up paying roughly to stay on their upgrade plan if you renew your upgrade plan ahead of time whenever they’re having a sale.

1 Like

Sorry I’m tired and misunderstood … extension : I have a VST or something in mind… and speaking about 10 a month : I understand maybe they made a new model with a pay by month :stuck_out_tongue:

OK it’s still the same.

I think this sounds really cool.

3 Likes

Version 3.0 is out! Someone test it with Overbridge quick! :smile:

I’ve been amazed at how well Overbridge works with Bitwig!

6 Likes

And i’ve got the 3.0 with my 1 year upgrade plan so i’ve got 2.5 + 3 for the same price. Kinda like that pricing model TBH. I wont upgrade until i see something i need.

2 Likes

Me too. I’m a fan. It seems fair to me.

First time I’ve been tempted back itb in a long time (the grid). pity its not on IOS but it looks mint.

Presentation on the Bitwig Grid

Nick does a good job with this, as well as the rep from Bitwig.

Interesting how the modularity has always been part of Bitwig, but that now the Grid gives this an easier access for the user. Great too how this is available on all separate versions of Bitwig, for the PC, Mac and Linux – and how the software determines the relative capability of the hardware that it is loaded on, and adapts itself to run at it’s best on that hardware. I could see how nice that would be to have it on a high end machine, especially while you’re designing a Grid instrument and then port it to a Raspberry Pi 4 or something for a standalone portable instrument. You get to have three instances running with the purchase of one license.

It looks like it improves on the user interface from Max, and Max for Live – though it doesn’t have the base of already developed patches that M4L has. There is a real similarity to Max.

Certainly put a shine on the whole Bitwig product.

3 Likes

I tried to make an effect inside grid that pitch-shifts, but I’m to dumb.
I’d like to make my own shimmer fx, and that was the first thing I guessed I need :smiley:
Study, study, study.

2 Likes

I really liked that video as well. Went by too fast!

1 Like