The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

This is a “design study only” so it doesn’t mean they will sell this. It’s interesting that Yamaha recently announced something very similar – that they were seeking potential user feedback on possible redesigns of a CS-80. I wonder which of the two sparked this, i’ve got to believe there is at least some relationship between the two moves.

To the extent that Behringer’s activity generates movement from other large and established companies, this is all to the good. Roland seems to have taken on some activity too.

I’d like to what Yamaha will do with this before behringer clones the original. A modern redo of the cs80 by Yamaha would be pretty radical!

1 Like

Behringer is showing this circuit board on their Facebook page.

I attached the image of the ARP 2600 below it to show the resemblance.
Really looking forward to this.

They also have an image up of a plug panel like the one on the Synthi VCX3

4 Likes

Behringer is doing the 2600 and here’s a peak at the front panel.

7 Likes

Demo of Pro-1, Crave, and RD-8 together – three soon to be released Behringer products.

Sounds pretty good to me.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the Crave. Sounds a bit like a subtle, mellow-er Moog.

1 Like

Access Virus?
Maths Eurorack?
Prophet 5?

This is all speculation, but interesting that Behringer would produce a video featuring it’s Industrial Design department.

Another video from their engineering department, no new products that i saw.

They have so many other things still to come out i’m almost not remotely interested.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they weren’t released till end of 2020

go behringer :slight_smile:

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Behringer era

Side Benefit to Behringer being in the Synth Business

On the latest Sonic Talk #585 toward the end of the show, Kent Spong who runs a classic synth repair business points out the tremendous benefit Behringer has given to the classic synth owner, by allowing people to acquire various difficult and expensive repair parts for classic synths very inexpensively. Interesting perspective on things, that.

1 Like

I wish to God the malström thing was happening…

4 Likes

Same here! Everybody is talking about the upcoming clones, but a tweakable effect processor would be awesome. Haven’t heard any news about it.

2 Likes

Just so it’s clear to anyone wondering what this is – it’s Maelstorm, which in short description was to be:

An Analog and Digital Desktop FX Processor with 4 TC ELECTRONIC FX Engines, MIDAS Microphone Preamplifiers and 6 x 6 USB/Audio Interface

Sounds to me a collection of already existing Behringer pieces put together in one box.

List of Features of Behringer Maelstorm
  • Record, transform, tweak your synthesizer, guitar or vocals and bring your audio to life using the ultimate in analogue and digital signal processing
  • 4 simultaneous world-class TC ELECTRONIC and KLARK TEKNIK FX featuring over 30 algorithms with incredible integrated modulation matrix
  • 2 high quality, professional MIDAS microphone preamplifiers with instrument input, high-pass filter and phantom power
  • 6 x 6 channel USB/Audio/MIDI interface (Class 2.0 compliant) for highest signal integrity
  • Multiple classic analog distortion circuits add character and warmth ranging from subtle glow to grimy filth
  • Stereo VCF using legendary 3320 based filter design, low/high/band-pass modes, frequency and resonance controls for immense sound sculpting possibilities
  • Excels at stand-alone operation or part of a DAW based system, combining 4-channel analog and 6-channel USB I/O with extensive side-chain and routing options
  • Stereo FX send and return channels for enhanced DAW integration over ultra-low latency USB/Audio Interface
  • Insane vortex of modulation featuring 3 ADSR generators, 2 LFOs, 32-step Control Sequencer and MIDI to warp both analog and digital effect parameters in real-time
  • 6 endless rotation potentiometers, each with high resolution OLED display for precise control of all parameters
  • Create powerful parameter macros allowing multiple parameters to be controlled from a single rotary, MIDI controller or external CV via the modulation matrix
  • Full color LCD display with encoder for rapid parameter editing and program selection
  • Integrate with modular systems using assignable, external CV & trigger input and outputs
  • Fully servo-balanced stereo line outputs for highest signal integrity
  • 2 footswitch/expression pedal inputs, assignable to mod matrix or control functions
  • Comprehensive MIDI implementation including NRPN/CC control of all parameters and bulk load/save

Now this information is all 19 months old. Far as i’m aware there has been no more word and no pictures.

Article in Synthanatomy

1 Like

What I don’t get is wtf I’d actually OUT yet? I keep hearing (and seeing videos) about their 808 and 909, ms101, many others but they don’t seem to be available yet? A buddy of mine wants to get into synths and I recommended the ms 101 but was confused to not see it for sale. And the RDs were supposed to come out back in March?

Very confusing.

see… now I actually was giving them enough credit to think they were doing something innovative by ripping off a software synthesizer for once. by which I mean Reason’s Malström graintable synth, of course.

how silly of me. :man_facepalming:

Thomann got the 101 in stock in all colors, but it’s called MS-1 now. And also got the Odyssey as pre-order for september. No sign of 808/909 tough

The K-2 (Behringer’s MS-20 like desktop) is about to ship.

Nick at Sonic State seems a little surprised by this. Apparently he has not been reading the posts here – we all talked about it back in April.

So here’s another synth, along with the Odyssey, that Behringer has just dropped out of the sky without a lot of upfront hype.

ADDED: Here’s the thread on Elektronauts.

Pro-1 and Crave nearly ready to ship from Thomann

1 Like

I’ll wait till the bugs are ironed out and see if an obvious feature everyone is expecting has been implemented or bizarrely missed.

The pro1 in theory should be ok as they haven’t ‘enhanced’ it

I expect the crave will have issues with midi / sequencer.