The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

I dont know at all, my memory is terrible.
I’m gonna find out though.

1 Like

That’s too bad, just very basic midi.
I can live with that though, the idea behind these are the sweet spots are easy to find and fun to tweak.
I guess a midi to cv converter is in order.

Dear lord, sign me up for one of these for sure.

I was looking at the Behri Model D Manual – and was hoping for a midi implementation chart – couldn’t find it. There was detail on their Sysex format in Section 7, and some of this is useful, but more to control how the Synth performs like changing the modulation curves, key priority, multi-trigger, and poly chaining etc.

And they have the printable overlay “Patch Sheets” in the back – so you can use a pencil to mark down your patch on a sheet of paper – GAG!

So this is still a gray area for me, Particularly on the Model D clone with the smaller number plug-able access points. That’s a plus for the Neutron for me.

1 Like

Behringer Tribe City Factory

Turn the sound OFF before you play this video – you don’t want to hear this!

You can be a “Triber” too!

Like the other video this is pretty creepy, to me at least. What is life like in China, that this is attractive for people to live at and work? The answer is worse – like the Foxconn Apple factories. Of course they put it on Fakebook it fits right in – we fit right in. I know there is a corporate ethic that this is a good thing, i guess the line goes, well if we don’t do it, someone else will, so we’ll do it right and then it’s OK. Green is good. Behringer is certainly proud of this.

Any thoughts?

2 Likes

feels and looks like totally opposite to the “street light” they use in this promotional footage.

1 Like

Behringer will be at Superbooth 18 at the start of May.

Behringer plans to release Eurorack modules for $49-$99… should be interesting to see what comes of that.

3 Likes

jeez! Behri eurorack might be the thing that finally pushes me to get a case and start collecting. 49-99€ is precisely the pricepoint to make euro module buying ”casual” enough IMO.

I bet we shall see more about this @ Superbooth18

1 Like

Wonder what modules he is going to clone?

RIP eurorack case makers, but seriously i guess Behringer can produce load of cheap utility modules , maybe edging out doepfer in price, really disruptive to the eurorack world. So all these semi modular synths are just gateway drugs for their separate modules!

Once again BehringerMart knockin the family businesses out of town… :joy:

Looking at the pictures, they are from Roland System-100 so that’s one modular system they are probably going to clone. They are also taking suggestions it seems.

I think this is another great step from Behringer. In the end, it may help the boutique modular companies too if more people start building Eurorack compatible modular systems.

Behringer Modular?
Giddy-up!

Behringer can clone parts from their own Neutron – the morphing multi-signal sem oscillators – those filters – and the versatile LFOs. Even the glue/utility modules can come from the Neutron and would make nice $50 modules.

This certainly will shift those who stay in business to produce more specialty modules. The makers that already produce useful but a little out of the ordinary (Verbos springs to mind, there are many others) may eventually benefit from a greater base of Eurorack users.

Can the current lower cost volume producers like Doepfer, compete? There is a part of the current Eurorack business certainly involves copying standards – though not necessarily cloning to the component level.

First analog now euro.
More cheap and nasty products hopefully not effecting the true developers, who put their love, sweat and tears, and life savings, into designing and developing truly unique products.

3 Likes

If you could see through your Behringer hate, you might notice that Behringer has released Neutron for example that is arguably one of the most innovative analog synths of recent times.

As for the Behringer clone/pricing debate, it’s getting boring but one thing is for sure - it’s good for the consumer. Synth prices are coming down and we can thank Behringer for that. And it’s not like Behringer is the only synth company doing clones.

2 Likes

Not gonna happen.
The guys a thief

Lol :smile: …Has he stolen something from you? I think companies overpricing hardware are thieves.

2 Likes

Well, what if some big company came in to your town or whatever, and offered the exact same product that you spent a long time designing and making at a fraction of the cost? And people bought tons of those instead of the ones you put your heart and soul in designing and manufacturing by hand? Would you feel, oh great, that’s awesome, they can make and sell these for cheaper, so I’ll just happily design and make something else by hand, and if they do it again with that that’ll be great, I’ll just make something else… Ect…
Or get a new job because they should be selling these, not me…

There’s no arguing that the clones will sound good and be easier to afford, it’s more about the ethics of ripping off designs, and undercutting small hand made niche business with bulk mass produced big money driven manufacturing… The little folks don’t make too much money, the big money bulk manufactures do…

Behringer already has truckloads more money than small synth companies, the least they could do would be to design themselves a similar product and design it better even if they could, instead of just making clones… They could probably sell their business and be rich right now, not the case for smaller companies…

3 Likes