The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

Writeup by German blogger Tom Wies (SynthAnatomy) - in English - not much more substantive, but Tom is a lot closer to the action:

I agree w/ Tom that if anything, they’ll probably release some variation of the Deepmind synth drawing on the Jupiter 8 architecture rather than the Juno which inspired the Deepmind 6/12.

Somewhere it was suggested that this photo could also be about a TR-909 clone, talked about here before, just more speculation – but it would probably make some people around here happy.

1 Like

@Jukka
They mentioned that on their Facebook page when people were only raving about the Jupiter they said:

“You missed the second gift…”

1 Like

“I’m sorry, the shining from jupiter was so bright we couldn’t see anything else!”

1 Like

Sequential Circuits Pro-One Clone ?

Behringer’s clone army in the wings. The design automation at Behringer is commanding.

1 Like

DAAANG!
Always wanted a desktop Pro One

6 Likes

Oh yeah I would buy 17 of these LOL :rofl:

2 Likes

No wanting to derail this topic at all but this will be waaaay cooler:

POLIVOKS mini desktop.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

3 Likes

Definitely a trend for Behringer with making Eurorack sized desktops of classic keyboard synths. I like that approach – i don’t need yet another kayboard – YAK. So i’m betting this is priced like the Model D and the Neutron. This is a winning strategy for Behringer – there is a reason that a classic is a classic.

1 Like

I was thinking of grabbing a Boog D as soon as it was available. But now that I’ve seen the waves of new behri ”clones” coming out, the pace is so hectic that I’m gonna wait a few years… just to see all the choices we will have before dropping coin. Guessing we’ll see a crap ton of these classics!

I dont want to start a synth museum, I just wanna cherry pick the best bits for my rig :nyan:

1 Like

I’m gonna end up like someone with all those Roland Boutiques, just Behringer though.

4 Likes

I’m feeling very much the same tustek, except if i wait a few year i’ll be buried with like thirty Behri synths to choose from.

But i will be able to see real stand-outs along the way (like for me the Neutron), as well as being able to sensibly afford to buy anything along way when it fits a projects need.

AND … end up like those nerds with a wall of Roland Boutiques.

1 Like

All CV, no patch / seq recalls… a few years in, you suddenly remember the elektron boxes in the corner, gathering dust… and suddenly remember how cool it was having 100% recallable things in synths… rinse and repeat :diddly:

2 Likes

Trinity aint going anywhere anytime soon.
I have no fascination with lack of patch recall, but OT or A4 controlling a few of these, HECK YEAH!

1 Like

I want to understand more about the Pro One clone, in particular the modular control interface, and what and how much can be controlled in Midi. That is a way to decrease the likelihood of having the synth become obsolete for me.

ADDED: Also at this price the hackability factor starts creeping in – your synth can be totally unique.

2 Likes

I would imagine the midi specs to be the same as the Boog.
I think you can access most if not all parameters on the surface.
Been thinking about how to sequence them from a trinity rig.
Sequence notes from the A4 to use transpose, all else from OT.

I can hear my A4 now,
“You used to make sounds with me, the only thing you care about now is my CV.”

It’s not really true, but I get it.

1 Like

I am thinking about controlling Behringer things from my Elektron gear too – i have an AK and a Digitakt (also a RYTM). I like how the AK has all of nice keyboard control, and the sequenced CV out too, and the Digitakt of course has all the sequenced midi out.

I’ve also been thinking about all the ways to make Eurorack style connections that are both statically plugged and dynamic in control. Being able to dynamically reconfigure a patch network as if it is a program change is the goal.

I’m really hoping the whole range of Behri desktop synths share the Poly chaining capability. Even two Pro Ones chained would be killer – at $600.

Those Elektron synths get chatty!

“Ah, come on - you’re still my queen drone”.

I thought the boog was just note on/off via midi? If the spec is more complete then I’m 1000x more interested.