The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

Pro-1 and Crave nearly ready to ship from Thomann

1 Like

I’ll wait till the bugs are ironed out and see if an obvious feature everyone is expecting has been implemented or bizarrely missed.

The pro1 in theory should be ok as they haven’t ‘enhanced’ it

I expect the crave will have issues with midi / sequencer.

Pretty sure it’s the same sequencer as in the Arp Brodyssey and Broland 101.

Exactly.
Though I do need to see if ms1 is ok with recent fixes.

I’m a bit reluctant to assume if one of the devices is ok then the others are fine too.

Seems to me like behringer is struggling with the digital side of their products. But also seems like they are trying to make things right. RD-8 got a bugfix update already, and its not even available in some parts of the world yet.

But yeh, if behri starts ripping off the small devs, and especially if the stuff is still relatively new, that’s not OK.

So following the WING digital mix console announcement and a “maybe/maybe not” tease on the Wasp, everyone is snooping around Behringer looking for clues. Synthanatomy is reporting on a list of trademarks Behringer have acquired recently.

MONOPOLY
Blue Marvin (a reference to the ARP 2600)
Kobol
Polykobol
Polivoks
Synthex
Trident
Quadra
Source (not sure is this the Moog Source?)
Prodigy
Logan (probably for the Logan String Melody)
Pro-16
Pro-800

Now a company can apply for all sorts of trademarks, and that doesn’t mean they are all defensible but it’s a good indication of intent.

Add this to all the other products mentioned earlier in this thread. That there is a raft of products on the way is to be expected, given all the hiring of engineering staff Behringer did earlier this year.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Behringer Model D

behringer should start a build-a-synth concept. if you know build-a-bear, you know what I mean. If you dont, its a shop where kids build their own teddy bear station by station, determaning what components it should have.

that, my friends, would be the most epic thing ever.

imagine having a template layout (faceplate), configurable in how many and what kind of oscillators, what filters and so on. Awesomeness

1 Like

so called „Eurorack“

3 Likes

kind of true. but without the cables and options. some people want it that way

1 Like

so called „M-Bus“

Apparently there’s something else on the way:

The Blue Marvin? That’s my guess in that Korg is getting the rumor out for their own 2600.

Thomann listed their best selling synths by unit volume for 2019.
(I’ve edited the list slightly, as for instance, they considered the three different colors of the Behringer MS-1 as different synths – all three colors made the list, Black top, followed by Red, and then Blue. The MS-1 would be further up the list if these got lumped together.)

Two thirds of the top twelve best sellers are all Behringer. I guess this is only slightly surprising, Behringer does make inexpensive synths, and i guess low price is what sells units.

The list:

• Behringer Crave
  • Behringer Pro-1
  • Behringer TD-3
  • Arturia Microfreak
  • Behringer K-2
  • Behringer Vocoder VC340
  • Behringer MS-1
  • Behringer Odyssey
  • Korg Volca Drum
  • Behringer RD-8
  • Korg Minilogue XD
  • Korg Volca Modular

Source

Interesting that the VC340 scored so high on the list. Perhaps the same with the Odyssey too, though i am less surprised with this.

1 Like

They also have early exclusives with behringer so if anyone wants a new box quickly they buy from Thomann.

I’m surprised microfreak is so high considering the mixed comments on the other gear thread.

I’ve bought rd8, ms 1, td3 , all are generally good but a little more care would’ve made them great.

2 Likes

Interesting that the TD-3 sold so well in less in a month.

1 Like

Good point – looking at it again aren’t all the Behringer synths from the last half of the year, or close to it. The Volca Modular is later too, but the other three non-Behringers were sold over the full year.

1 Like

I was thinking exactly the same about the Pro-1

Obviously the price is the all deciding factor for volume sales. It would make sense if they sold 1000 Pro-1 and “just” 25 Prophet 6.
And perhaps it dosent really take that much to get into the top 10, It could take less than 100 units
we don’t know that.

Last time I checked, Digitone was in the first 12 of the best selling expanders.

So a little over two years later and Behringer has delivered (or is about to) 5 of the 6 synth copies they proffered. The one that’s missing their SYNTHI VCX3.

I know they teased a picture of the plug panel not too long ago, so this thing is probably still in some form in a Behringer development lab somewhere.

With Erica Synths’ SYNTRX creating some good buzz (literally), i’d think it would be Behringer’s style to ride along. The question how good will it be – i guess the money side is pretty much a given.